Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A winning trip to Everton. Yes JJ, poofball! ;-)
Had a quick five mile road run on Saturday morning as I couldn't be arsed getting up at 7am for a fell run. Bed was too warm and comfy! I really hate road/pavement running as it just hurts, but it was a means to an end. Met a chap I know on the way back and had a natter. It was one of those times I really could have done with not stopping, but he's a fell runner and cyclist so always good to chat with.

The set up for getting to away games has just taken a very nice turn for the better. Out of choice we travel with High Peak Reds. They are an official supporters club and arrange mini bus' to the games. They are good lads and turn a blind eye to drinking on the bus. There is a stop before you get close to the ground to dump any alcohol so should the bus get stopped and inspected it is clean. No harm done.  Cool The 'turn for the better' is that the guy that runs the Branch has just moved down the road from me. In turn the pick up point has altered from Marple to a pub five minutes up the road from my house. The pub is owned by a United fan who goes on the 'funbus' so he opens the front door so we can meet inside and have a beer.  Big Grin 

After a nice sociable drive over to Everton we got to the shit hole that is Goodison Park. 

[Image: IMG_20151017_143724_zpsf1vtlnxc.jpg]

How this is still allowed as a Premier league ground is beyond me. Wooden floors and cast iron framed wooden chairs in the away stand in this day and age is shocking. Its a Bradford 2 waiting to happen. 
Last time we were personally there (2 seasons ago) we were well beaten. This time we were hoping for some better luck. 
Got to our seats and we were pitch side. Not the best view, but with everyone stood up and being RIGHT next to the home fans it was a fantastic atmosphere. 

[Image: IMG_20151017_144753_zpstfnjvmoe.jpg]

As fate would have it we battered them. 3-0 and it could/should have been more. The team wandered over to thank the fans after full time ...

[Image: IMG_20151017_183217_zps9v7uwlhy.jpg] 
... and we were back on the funbus, then a couple of cheeky pints in the Hare and Hounds when we got back. Like you do.  Big Grin

All in all a cracking day out.  Cool
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Great pics mate, I missed the game I was in Malton picking a new pup, he's 4weeks old at the minute so we get him in another 4weeks, and didn't get get back till gone 5. It's usually a good tussle against Everton sounds like we walked it.
The football was boring, but the news that the pick up point has moved closer to you was interesting. I didn't know losers got together in such a fashion, let alone organised themselves by the literal bus load Tongue

Sounds like a good crack though! Should organise a monkey 'funbus' to go somewhere Tongue (I reckon someone will suggest off a cliff but I'm too nice to Wink )
(10-19-2015, 10:04 AM)croweman Wrote: Great pics mate, I missed the game I was in Malton picking a new pup, he's 4weeks old at the minute so we get him in another 4weeks, and didn't get get back till gone 5. It's usually a good tussle against Everton sounds like we walked it.

I bet that four weeks will seem like a year! What breed is he? 

(10-19-2015, 10:56 AM)FraserG Wrote: The football was boring, but the news that the pick up point has moved closer to you was interesting. I didn't know losers got together in such a fashion, let alone organised themselves by the literal bus load Tongue

Sounds like a good crack though! Should organise a monkey 'funbus' to go somewhere Tongue (I reckon someone will suggest off a cliff but I'm too nice to Wink )

We were winners for once Fraser!  Wink  Big Grin
A Monkey funbus. Mix monkeys with beer on a funbus ... what could possibly go wrong.  Tongue
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
I bet that four weeks will seem like a year! What breed is he?

He's a bull mastiff mate saw both parents and grandparents, the dad was 22 months an weighing in at 55kg already.
Belting breed of dog. Bet you can't wait!
I wasn't sure if i'd get another but Murphy the boxer is missing having a companion and to be honest I like having 2 big lumps getting under my feet.
Good day had by all
All the gear, No idea.

[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Too many to remember