Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm Back
Hi honey I'm home Smile

Had a great few days away.

Went down to Mawgan Porth Cornwall on Friday until Monday for a friends wedding.

Then went over to Goodrington sands in Devon for two nights to re visit our holidaying area. Walked around Berry head and then Brixham.

Didn't take many pictures but the ones I did I'll sort them out and add them to this post later.

Set off back yesterday morning  and called in at an old Monkey mate Acca  who has now moved to a lovely cottage at the side of the canal in Bathampton, Bath (goodringnton to bath 120miles 3 hour drive).  We had a 1 hour 15min walk into Bath along the canal and they shown us a few of the sights, had coffee and cake in a cafe (and how posh do the staff in Baaaaaaaath sound) yaaa yaaa  Smile  then had the same walk back, god my legs was aching by the time we was back due to all the walking we had done the previous days. Said our goodbyes and then had another 177mile 3 hour drive home  Sad  one was rather tired when one got home haha.

All in all a great 5 days away, busy all the time and a cracking wedding with perfect weather.
Did nothing but eat, drink, walk and sleep, starting everyday with a good hearty full english breakfast.
Can't wait to get out on the bike again on Sunday now and burn some of it off.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
Sounds like a great few days mate, all that walking eating and drinking wears you out I bet you're both shattered now you're back.
Sounds great Nige. Look forward to the pics as you got a great weekend and both areas are very nice parts of the country.

You need to get a big comfy bus like mine. Did the Swansea trip (240 miles ish each way) and was fresh as a daisy when I get there/back. It's like relaxing in a big armchair. Smile
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
(09-24-2015, 04:39 PM)Kingy Wrote: Sounds great Nige. Look forward to the pics as you got a great weekend and both areas are very nice parts of the country.

You need to get a big comfy bus like mine. Did the Swansea trip (240 miles ish each way) and was fresh as a daisy when I get there/back. It's like relaxing in a big armchair. Smile

Nothing wrong with doing 750miles in 4 days sitting 3 inches off the ground in a roadster Smile
missed you !
All the gear, No idea.

[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Too many to remember
(09-24-2015, 07:42 PM)Yogi Wrote: missed you !

Haha yeah right
1 hr 15 from Bathampton into town?  just strolling then? Big Grin   Lovely walk though
(09-24-2015, 10:02 PM)BB Wrote: 1 hr 15 from Bathampton into town?  just strolling then? Big Grin   Lovely walk though

Well no not really but we did walk quite away in to Bath as they was showing us the sights on the way, I think we walked about 2.5 miles Smile

And yes it was a very lovely walk
(09-25-2015, 07:10 AM)Jollyjoiner Wrote:
(09-24-2015, 10:02 PM)BB Wrote: 1 hr 15 from Bathampton into town?  just strolling then? Big Grin   Lovely walk though

Well no not really but we did walk quite away in to Bath as they was showing us the sights on the way, I think we walked about 2.5 miles Smile

And yes it was a very lovely walk

Lots to see in Bath and the surrounding hills.
Sounds like a good few days away, now get back on the bike and burn those calories off!