Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jim the swift
I found a downed Swift down the side of my house on wednesday, at first I didnt realise what type of bird it was having never seen the elusive Swift up close. After some google searching by my daughter we discovered what it was an the potential reasons for it being on the ground.

To be honest it didn't look very alert when I first picked it up so it was a long shot but myself and my son tried to nurse it back to health syrInge feeding it water and trying to get it to eat insects, I did try to get it to fly a couple of time but it was having none of it. 

So sadly Jim the Swift passed in his sleep watching jackass in my sons hand on Thursday morning at 2am farewell Jim.

He's alive and well enjoying the warmth of my sons hand in the photo.

[Image: IMG_0743_zps7zkcakym.jpg]
Sad as they are beautiful creatures. I recall being woken very early one morning by the sound of breaking crockery. we both rushed down stairs to find our cat had caught a swift - no idea how - and brought it totally unharmed through two cat flaps into the kitchen where said swift was trying to fly away. Regrettably our kitchenwas too small to allow a swift room to turn so each time it hit a wall one of the china plates hit the deck!
Other half caught it in a towel and took it into the back garden, threw it in the air and off it went never to be seen so close again. Smile
I think the poor thing was severely dehydrated, as it had no bulk at all on its breast area just a very sharp bone so it was a losing battle but I had to try and save it. I can't let any creature go without a fighting chance.
You did the best you could, it was it's time.
Good to see you tried your best to give it a chance.
RIP Jim
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
Am I the only one? .....

Quote:So sadly Jim the Swift passed in his sleep watching jackass in my sons hand on Thursday morning at 2am farewell Jim.

... Thought of beer nd kebab if it were me! Lol Made me chuckle. Smile

Shame the little fella didn't make it but we'll done for trying mate.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
It was true he was in my sons hand while he was watching Jackass, but it did add a bit of humour to a sad story.