Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Testing and Reviewing a Mio Cyclo 315 Bike GPS/ Sat Nav
(07-27-2015, 09:22 PM)speedymadr6 Wrote: Nice review Kingy, does look a nice piece of kit when compared to expensive Garmin units (price has always put me off).

I am assuming it is ANT= then check out the garmin speed and cadence sensors which just use a couple of bungy straps to hold in place, these are very good indeed.

Does it have the option to run power as well?

And a very anal thing but I am assuming the out front mount can run central to your stem?

Cheers Dave. 

Yes it is Ant+ so compatible with other equipment. 

I'm not sure on whether it can link with a power meter as I haven't got one to test it with. I'll have a look through the instructions and see if there is any reference to compatibility. 

Yes, the mount is very similar to the Garmin bar mount and is offset, so if fixed in place close to the right of the headset it will be central. If you look at the pics of the one I'm testing you can see the allen bolt to the right under the Mio unit, which shows how far to the right I have the mount on my bars. I needed to keep it to the right as I have my Garmin central. 
I didn't want to take the Garmin mount off as I wanted to visually compare the two units as I ride and I'll be handing the Mio back in a few days.  Smile
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007

Messages In This Thread
RE: Testing and Reviewing a Mio Cyclo 315 Bike GPS/ Sat Nav - Kingy - 07-28-2015, 06:57 AM