Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motorcycle theory test
Sat my theory test this morning for the motorbike - what a farce it is as well.

Firstly, the majority of questions were identical to those for the car test - a test I already passed 6.5 years ago. Secondly, the hazard perception test was shown from the point of view of a car driver, looking for car type hazards without consideration that motorbikes face more hazards being as vulnerable as we are.

But the test has changed massively since I last took it for the hazard perception part. When I last took it, the clips were filmed from a car using a dash-cam or similar to produce clips which contained hazards. However, this time, it was all simulated. Each clip was a simulation of driving and something happening BUT looked so realistic, it wasn't until the 3rd clip that I realised the difference. I thought it was just the computer but nope, hazard perceptions are now simulated.

But all of that's by-the-by now as I won't be sitting it again as I managed to pass the test. I'd have been very upset if I hadn't, given how close it was to the car test I already passed. I haven't looked at my car theory results yet though (I went straight to work after the test) but I think the hazard perception score is higher - which is what you'd expect I guess after 6 years of driving experience.

Now to find time to complete the practical test!
Well done. First bridge crossed. Now to get your hands dirty. Smile Remember - Fecking nail it at every given opportunity. Wink
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Feck me, another loon half way there to passing his bike test Smile
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
Yet another moped loon to look out for then............hehe. Well done FG. Passing any Gov't linked test is an achievement because they are usually designed and implemented by feckin know nothings.
Supplier of quality decals & logos in cut/full colour vinyl, personalised tea/coffee mugs, banners, digi photos on art canvas etc for the trackdayer/racer.