Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Google Nexus 6 reduced by nearly 40% to £303
Heads up for anyone in the market for a new phone. The Nexus 6 is six months old and Google have dropped the price for the 32GB by nearly 40% from £499 to £303.

Whilst I've always thought the phone itself is too big, that price for the spec is bloody brilliant. I'd been hanging on for the new Nexus (Oct / Nov this year) but have grabbed a blue one at this price. For those that can, if you get rid of the VAT through your books it's just over £250 for a hell of a good phone. No brainer. Big Grin

Google only drop their Nexus phone prices once to ensure they clear stock and up their sales in advance of the new model. It won't go any cheaper, so if you want or need a phone its well worth considering.

https://store.google.com/product/nexus_6
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Good price if you're after one for sure. I myself will be sticking with my galaxy 3 mini untill next year, this us my third year with same phone which I've never done before Wink
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
Nowt wrong with that mate. I'll have had my Nexus 5 just short of two years.
Only jumped on this because the price/spec is too good to ignore. I'd toyed with a new Iphone, but I don't want to lose Android o/s. I love buggering about with stuff too much to move back to the ultra restrictive Apple iOs.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
I can't see the fuss over apple and iphone, I think android is the future because your not be holding to the apple crew
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
(07-02-2015, 12:24 PM)Jollyjoiner Wrote: I can't see the fuss over apple and iphone, I think android is the future because your not be holding to the apple crew

Yep, plus ...

Nexus 6 32 gig £303 (Was £499)

Iphone 6 16 gig £539 (Won't get discounted due to fanboi demand)

Also - factor in that the iphone is only 16 gig memory. Simply not enough for me with what I load onto phones. So, I'd have to buy 64 gig which is the next option and thats £619! Huh For a phone!
(07-02-2015, 12:09 PM)Kingy Wrote: I'd toyed with a new Iphone

You get an iPhone and you lose more than just your phones freedom Tongue

The nexus is ok, but the HTC is a heavy game changer in a lot of phones. However, with the Android OS, so many phones are available and most will be just as good as the other (unlike iPhones and Nokias).

I would love a Nokia (unbreakable phone) on Android but since being bought by MS of course that won't happen. However, I would say avoid Sony for the time being - while good phones, they're not capable of storing apps on an SD card and come with little memory (at least they did last time I checked - they may have fixed this), so at least look carefully at any reviews/specs on the Sony's I'd say.
(07-02-2015, 03:26 PM)FraserG Wrote: The nexus is ok, but the HTC is a heavy game changer in a lot of phones.

I'll be honest, the biggest factor in me getting a Nexus 6 is the price. I know I can use it for six months and shift it on without too much of a price hit as Google won't be selling them once they release their new phones. The old Nexus 5 (that I have) is still fetching £279 on Amazon so an official Nexus 6 for less than £30 more isn't bad. Big Grin Just hope I can deal with the size of the bloody thing. Tongue

I've been looking at HTC. I like the look of the handsets, but they have pretty bad reviews on battery life. Their latest phone (M9?) has been a bit of a sales flop and knocked for not being a big enough move on from the M8.
(07-02-2015, 04:04 PM)Kingy Wrote: I've been looking at HTC. I like the look of the handsets, but they have pretty bad reviews on battery life. Their latest phone (M9?) has been a bit of a sales flop and knocked for not being a big enough move on from the M8.

Having never used an HTC I can't say for definite (I can only go by the specs that I read) but, one person might say - if it aint broke, don't fix it (in reference to the little change between M8 and M9) Tongue

That could almost be a problem with consumers these days, everything has to look new, look different for it to be interesting or the best must have, rather than possibly looking at what should stay the same. But that's another discussion entirely.
I have the M8 and won't be swapping any time soon, it's feckin ace, together with the dot view case it's absolutely perfect for me.

I honestly can't fault it apart from it feeling a little bit slippy without a case.
All the gear, No idea.

[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Too many to remember
I'll stick to my monster Sony Xperia Z Ultra...it's feckin mahoosive and once the contract has ended, if it's still functioning I'll get 3 to chop the rental price out of the equation and......job jobbed.
Supplier of quality decals & logos in cut/full colour vinyl, personalised tea/coffee mugs, banners, digi photos on art canvas etc for the trackdayer/racer.