Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum Doesn't work with Internet Explorer - So use Chrome instead.
Just a heads up. I got a new laptop which has windows 8.1 and is touchscreen. I'm quite liking the touchscreen element so hit the explorer tile and loaded the forum. Logged in, got the confirmation I was logged in but then got bumped back to the 'log in' screen.
Tried again through Chrome and it loaded and logged in fine.

So, for those using Microsoft Internet Explorer - You will have an issue and will not be able to log in.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Mwa ha ha ha.

Probably a cookies setting in IE on Windows 8.1 (it's a crap OS - I fully recommend taking advantage of the free upgrade to 10 when it comes out Kingy if you haven't already considered it). I'd check that cookies are being accepted and stored. If they are, then IE is just a big pile of crap.

[Image: hIFlk.jpg]
Great pic Smile

Yep.10 upgrade reserved.
Don't actually use IE, but thought I'd add a thread as I know folk have said they have had issues trying to log in.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
I always use firefox and seems to be ok most of the time.
I also have had the link to register for the free 10 upgrade but I've not gone for it for the fear of it being shite and not working with some of the programs I have already
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
I did use Firefox on my 'old' laptop which I've just replaced (the one I repaired and did a thread on) but found it a bit slow compared with Chrome. The laptop may have played a part in that as it was full to the brim and an old processor.
Or was it slow because you repaired it ????
(06-26-2015, 07:50 PM)Jollyjoiner Wrote: Or was it slow because you repaired it ????

Ha ha. Feck off you git! Wink
I recently bought a tablet laptop. Great little thing for taking on hols/ trips etc. 10.1" screen, 32 gig memory with x2 usb for extrernal storage, win 8.1. It's an intel atom chip with 4g ram. So, will never be lightening quick, but it boots fast and loads quick as I'm avoiding loading anything much on it. Just want it for general surfing and Kodi (live football/ tv series/ films). Works great over wifi.

Tried to load the monkey site but IE wouldn't let me log in. FFS Sad

Tried to download Chrome - but IE wouldn't let me! Sad

So, downloaded Firefox - no problem. The through Firefox downloaded Chrome - No problem. Figure that one out!

Now have Chrome as preferred t'internet (as it syncs with my mobile and desktop PC's) and IE can feck off. Useless peice of already replaced (by MS) crap.

Oh, and have no intention of moving to Win 10.
Keeping all work desktops and old laptops on Win 7.
New laptops and my little tablet/laptop can stay on win 8.1 as they are all touchscreen so win 8.1 is ok.

Already seeing win 10 imposing the new MS 'pay as you go' business model (like office 365). Solitaire has adverts you have to pay to remove and longterm MS intent Win 10 to become a monthly subscribed software. Sage have done the same. They want you to lease the software. You never own it and if you don't pay your monthly subs it stops working in full for you. Shitehawks.
You been buying gadgets again because it makes us feel better when we're under the weather Smile
I too am staying with windows 7 they not trapping me wirh this free 10 malarkey
(08-05-2015, 12:45 PM)Jollyjoiner Wrote: You been buying gadgets again because it makes us feel better when we're under the weather Smile

Sssshhhhh. I've had it ages (if Yaz asks)!  Wink  Big Grin

And yes. I'm slowly climbing the walls. 
The kids don't know what is going on because I'm home after work early (6.30/6.45pm) every night. Said they can't get used to it!