Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jet 2 Airlines - Crapper than a pile of crap.
Went to Budapest with these muppets last weekend. Cheap yes. Value. No. Will be avoiding in future unless there is no other alternative.

To explain ...

Checking in at Manchester they said they wanted our hand luggage in the hold. We said no - It confirms with size regs, has no locks (as we are carrying it) and has stuff packed we want during the flight that will be awkward carrying (Nook readers etc). We kept our hand luggage (and there were no overhead locker space issues either).

Got on the plane and as we boarded Jason heard a Serviceair Tech saying "Its a sensor issue" to the Captain.
45 mins later (sat on plane having missed our departure slot) Captain Mumbles says a paperwork problem has meant we are delayed, but it will be sorted within 10 minutes.
30 mins later Captain Mumbles says its still not resolved, but paperwork is expected witin 10 mins and we have been re-routed so need to refuel.
30 mins later Captain Mumbles says the paperwork issue is resolved (hurrah), but we now have another issue which means the plane will not fly. (Boo). They have called out another Crew and will transfer us to another plane.

We get to the 'new plane' and face the grumpiest and most argumentative crew you have ever seen. We had extra legroom seats, so asked if we would still have them as we boarded. Yes, said the first member of crew. No said the second who demanded we go straight to the back of the plane - past people 'bagging' the extra legroom seats. Rolleyes Small point, but annoying at the time.

Having not had a pee for over two hours Jason got up and went to the toilet. I followed. People were still boarding at the time. A stern faced crew member (names 'Toilet Gestapo' after this interaction) told me to sit down.
I very politely said - "I just need a quick pee. Sorry, but is that OK. I'll be very quick", as Jason opened the toilet door (she had locked the other toilet).
Miss Toilet Gestapo said "We will take off a lot quicker if you sit down for the head count".
I replied - "We've been waiting over 2.5 hours so far. Two minutes won't make any difference to me - and how can you take a head count when we've not finished boarding?"

As we sat a chap behind us said he was not happy with how it had been dealt with. Jason said he heard it was a sensor issue as we boarded. I said that they had fed us a pack of lies throughout. A crew member earwigging came up a few minutes later and said ... "I've checked on what happened as people who are not airline don't understand what happens". She then explained a different scenario to Captaiin Mumbles - So more lies. Tongue Silly woman!

This general argumentative tone continued throughout the flight with other passengers. We just sat, played cards and said nothing.

-----------

On the way back we got to the airport early and checked in. Check in lady asked us to put the bags on her weigh plate. We did and she said they need to go on the hold due to weight. I asked why. Limit for cabin is 10kgs and they all weighed 8.5kgs or less. She then said it was a 'total weight issue'. More lies. We declined to put them in the hold. FFS it's not rocket science, you take less with you as hand luggage so you can walk on/ walk off - not wait 30 mins to an hour for luggage to be offloaded. Dodgy

We make our way through the airport, have a sit down, then go to our boarding gate when it's lit up. Final check in before walking onto the runway and nice lady says - "Your bags go into the hold". She sticks a ticket on my boarding pass and one on my bag and tells me to leave the bag at the foot of the stairs before boarding.
On the way out I remove the stickers (as do the others) carry my handluggage to my seat and put it into the overhead lockers which have plenty of space. FFS.

We sit and watch our take off time go by, then the Captain clearly announces (no mumbling for once) that there is a paperwork problem and we are delayed. Oh, the joy. They have done the headcount wrong and we have one passenger more than we should have, so to clear this up everyone must show their boarding passes and be ticked off their manifest. Once done, they confirm it's ok (they obviously couldn't count) but still found time to delay us another 15 minutes whilst they made one chap go through his luggage (thank God he didn't let it go in the hold as instructed at the last gate) as he had shown the wrong boarding pass. he had both in his luggage and grabbed the outward one for the in plane check in error. If that bag had been in the hold they would have to offload him and his luggage.

Had to laugh as we approached Manchester. The onboard service was all charged. Tea or coffee £2.50, sandwiches £3.50 (or more) and so on. As we are approaching they announce - Sandwiches now half price! Big Grin Unsurprisingly there were no takers!

Useless.
Absolutely useless.

Recalled this to Yasmin and she just smiled and said - "You get what you pay for. Pay peanuts get monkeys".

Very fair points.
It was the lying that really annoyed me though. And the insistence on hand luggage being put in the hold. I understand if they know there will be space issues in the overhead lockers - but there weren't on either flight.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
We flew with jet 2 to Lanzarote and couldn't fault the new plane and the service Smile
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
(06-24-2015, 01:24 PM)Jollyjoiner Wrote: We flew with jet 2 to Lanzarote and couldn't fault the new plane and the service Smile

Bugger off with your messages of support! Wink
They have now been renamed ... 'Jet Poo'. Charter cattle class bag of shite. Made past experiences with Ryan Air look almost professional. Tongue
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Well all I can do is comment on my own experience and I couldn't fault it at all.
"any drinks or snacks" any drinks or snacks"
Must have been because of the plane going to Budapest, was it a turbo prop plane ? hahahaha
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
Unfortunately a lot these days depends on the cabin crew..........our recent NZ trip with Emirates was crap from start to finish with one exception. All but one flight had us waiting over 1.5 hrs for the first trolley service. Dinner was served 'before' the bar service so it was dinner...then G&T then wine then coffee. Cabin crew couldn't understand my pissed offness when I asked if they would have drinks after dinner when they went out? Tossers. Delayed out of LGW....late into Dubai..missed connection....took 3 hrs to get to hotel, no refreshments, 2 hrs sleep, back to flight, seats together not guaranteed......No feckin way are we sitting apart from Dubai to Sydney having paid a small fortune to this shite outfit. But heyho the part of the hols that Crapirates had nothing to do with was great.......even the internal code share flight Auckland to Christchurch was better and staff more pleasant than those on the A380. Basically operating the A380 is a prestige thing for Emirates but they are severely understaffed..........even the CC said so......sufficient for safety requirements but insufficient for decent on board service.

Rant over......next hols in the planning.........I like this retirement malarky....
Supplier of quality decals & logos in cut/full colour vinyl, personalised tea/coffee mugs, banners, digi photos on art canvas etc for the trackdayer/racer.