Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cadwell Park this weekend
This weekend is Bemsee at Cadwell for three days in the *insert weather here*.

Typically though, work know I'm not in on Friday (booked it off months ago for the test day) and I'm trying to be sneaky and finish at Thursday lunch time but they're trying to squeeze 6 days worth of work out of me before Friday.

Gah. Still, should be a good weekend of racing hopefully. What's everyone else up to this weekend?
I'll keep my fingers crossed for the weekend weather, but Cadwell has it's own micro climate anyway. Smile
Hope you get your cheeky finish on Thursday and all goes well with the marshalling/ racing.

I'll be working from home on Friday. I'm going to try and clear my desk Thursday so I only have what comes in on Friday to deal with. Hopefully it won't be too busy with phonecalls as I've been told I have a lot to do in the garden at home. (Meh). If I can get through it on Friday then we may go to Manchester with the kids on Saturday for a wander / food and perhaps a sneaky beer or two.

*If* I can get some new fellshoes here in time I'll be on the fells Saturday morning and bike ride Sunday morning. If not then two bike rides it is. Unfortunately the fell shoes I recently bought are just too small (despite buying same make and size as the last shoes) and they just won't stretch. I've tried running in streams to get them to loosen up but it's just not happening. I reckon I'm one more run away from losing a toe nail due to the rubbing so I'll clean the shoes up properly and sell them on. I'll take a fair hit on them given I've only worn them a handful of times, but I don't see the point in persevering any longer.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
I've not seen the forecast for fear of getting my hopes up but yeah, Cadwell is always either burning when the surrounding areas are flooded or vice versa. No middle ground either >.<

Sounds like a busy weekend lined up for you then.
I bet you preferred working from home on Friday's prior to the internet when no one could bother you by email, etc. eh Tongue
Shame about the shoes, but probably better to change than keep going and lose a toe. Specially the amount of running you do. Would they not fit one of the kids to get them involved in the runs?
(06-09-2015, 02:40 PM)FraserG Wrote: I bet you preferred working from home on Friday's prior to the internet when no one could bother you by email, etc. eh Tongue

Yes, too true.
That said, having the work phones re-directed to my mobile is the biggest ball ache. I was getting calls from energy companies about the work contract last Saturday afternoon! Mind you, they weren't on the line for long! Tongue

(06-09-2015, 02:40 PM)FraserG Wrote: Shame about the shoes, but probably better to change than keep going and lose a toe. Specially the amount of running you do. Would they not fit one of the kids to get them involved in the runs?

Sadly not. Too big for either of them. Once cleaned up they will look plenty clean enough to sell, plus I still have the box/ labels / receipt and Strava record of usage so people can see they are not far off new.
Real shame as they are the best shoes that Inov8 do, but as you say - I'd rather replace shoes than lose a toe! Big Grin ... although I reckon the nail will go as it's deep black and changing shape as if it is lifting. Sad
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Early finish might be on the cards, just got to work so might be able to leave early, woo-hoo.

Did your new shoes turn up Kingster?
(06-11-2015, 07:29 AM)FraserG Wrote: Early finish might be on the cards, just got to work so might be able to leave early, woo-hoo.

Nicely done. Hope it works out Cool
Supposed to be the best day tomorrow before a possible change in the evening.

(06-11-2015, 07:29 AM)FraserG Wrote: Did your new shoes turn up Kingster?

No. My cunning plan of ordering the next size up (so a guaranteed fit) has been scuppered as they aren't in stock. Sad
Don't want to risk ordering a different make or model without trying them on.
Bike ride it is then. Smile