Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well I've gone veggie
A few weeks ago, I made a decision to go vegetarian. OK, I'm not a full blown vegisaurus. I still eat chicken and fish; sorry but I can't emphasise with either of them two. But no more mammals, I just can't deal with eating a animal that can suffer pain, anxiety, stress and fear.
For those who know me this may be a shock, but I strongly believe you judge a man by his compassion to those who are vulnerable. I count animals in that compassion.
and you a consummate consumer of vino collapso......ever heard those millions of grapes scream as the life juice is crushed out of them in the pursuit of producing quaffing imbibing libations for your delectation???? Shame on you....Big GrinBig GrinTongue
Supplier of quality decals & logos in cut/full colour vinyl, personalised tea/coffee mugs, banners, digi photos on art canvas etc for the trackdayer/racer.
(06-06-2015, 09:05 PM)RogerC Wrote: and you a consummate consumer of vino collapso......ever heard those millions of grapes scream as the life juice is crushed out of them in the pursuit of producing quaffing imbibing libations for your delectation???? Shame on you....Big GrinBig GrinTongue

HahahahahaBig Grin
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
I see it as my duty to vanquish as many grapes as possible.
It's a moral duty ?
Yaz is the same - a "pretend veggie". Works for her Smile No ethical reason, just her choice.

Not something I'll ever consider as I enjoy the food I like far too much. That (and beer - especially Craft at the moment) is why I train hard - so I can eat and drink with impunity! Lol
It can be awkward for Yaz sometimes when the menu is restrictive (especially when she is in certain countries with BA/crew) but she gets by. She has in the past had problems with iron deficiency due to lack of red meat in her diet, but it's not a constant issue for her.

This kind of statement (I hear it a lot, so this is a general comment) does make me chuckle though ...

Quote:no more mammals, I just can't deal with eating a animal that can suffer pain, anxiety, stress and fear.

Won't eat them, but will wear them Wink ... Leather shoes, belts, coats, handbags, the list goes on.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
(06-08-2015, 09:24 AM)Kingy Wrote: Yaz is the same - a "pretend veggie". Works for her Smile No ethical reason, just her choice.

Not something I'll ever consider as I enjoy the food I like far too much. That (and beer - especially Craft at the moment) is why I train hard - so I can eat and drink with impunity! Lol
It can be awkward for Yaz sometimes when the menu is restrictive (especially when she is in certain countries with BA/crew) but she gets by. She has in the past had problems with iron deficiency due to lack of red meat in her diet, but it's not a constant issue for her.

This kind of statement (I hear it a lot, so this is a general comment) does make me chuckle though ...

Quote:no more mammals, I just can't deal with eating a animal that can suffer pain, anxiety, stress and fear.

Won't eat them, but will wear them Wink ... Leather shoes, belts, coats, handbags, the list goes on.

I used to drink with him.............bastard got me into all sorts of boozed up trouble......haha
Supplier of quality decals & logos in cut/full colour vinyl, personalised tea/coffee mugs, banners, digi photos on art canvas etc for the trackdayer/racer.
(06-09-2015, 12:02 AM)RogerC Wrote: I used to drink with him.............bastard got me into all sorts of boozed up trouble......haha

Pmsl. Cool
The bugger was out on Saturday night Rog and he left us in a right state in the early hours of the morning! Big Grin
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
So Rick, a couple of months on - how is life as a Veggie?
I just couldn't do it the thought of never tasting a medium rare fillet steak again just doesn't compute and I love chicken in all its forms. Don't get me wrongbinlike veg but not enough just to eat purely veg.
I ought to try it, but the "veggie option" would kill me.
All the gear, No idea.

[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Too many to remember