Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone been to Budapest?
Hmmm. Booking dot com...

Booking dot com stole £70 from us when we booked through them for our USA Hotel last year. The hotel told us it was a normal issue they have where Booking dot com confirm prices which don't include local or hotel taxes (or both). You only find out you have been mislead when you come to leave (and pay the bill). As you are on your way to return the hire car and check in you don't have time to do anything but pay the full bill. Out of principle we took this up with Booking dot Com when we returned to the UK - and left a poor review stating the facts. Booking dot com were not interested in our issue, blaming the hotel (who gave us written proof that t was not them) and the devious tossers (Booking dot com) altered our review so it looked good for them.

I can understand booking dot com falsifying prices to appear competitive. It's cheating, but companies do it to make their prices look better. It's underhand and dishonest, but if that is your business model then so be it.
What I think is worse is to alter our review and just brush it off. That means their reviews are worthless. For an internet based business that means they are completely untrustworthy.

I'd rather stick pins in my eyes and the massage them with vinegar that use booking dot com ever again. Bent, lying shower of shite.

If I've not made it clear, I'm not a fan of booking dot com. Wink
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007