Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone using 'Nest', 'Hive' or 'Tado' smart heating thermostats?
(11-06-2014, 05:30 PM)Jollyjoiner Wrote: What exactly does the Tado help you do ?

Waste an evening and get really really mad! Wink

Once its all synced in.... - Which I assume is an issue there end and easily fixed as they said it can be sorted their end over the phone when I have chance to speak to them - ....

You set the temperature you want the house at whilst you are in during the day and whilst you are asleep at night.
You register your phones with the unit (it then knows your location).
You then switch the boiler onto constant and let 'Tado' maintain your heating for you.

You can set your wake and sleep times to whatever you want for each day. You can tell leave it on 'auto' mode or fine tune it with the temps.

It will then have the heating at the temps you want at the time you want. If people leave the house (the phones go) Tado switches the heating off. It then sees people returning and switches it back on for you.

At any point you can take control of the heating, turn it on/off, alter temps etc via the smartphone app or via computer.
If someone is in the house and can't be arsed getting their phone or laptop then the smart thermostat allows you to alter the heating (up/down) too.

In essence, Tado lets you programme your heating the the n'th degree, but once thats done you never need to touch it again. The system learns your journeys so it learns where you work and how long it takes to get home if you go to the same place every day.

Allegedley if you don't knock the cost of your Tado unit off your first years bill they will refund your payment. So I'm expecting to save at least £260 in 12 months.
In truth I'm not really arsed about that. The house being warm just in time for me getting home as Tado knows Im on my way back from a bike ride in winter is the feature I'm interested in - particularly when Yaz is away so heating has been off all day.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anyone using 'Nest', 'Hive' or 'Tado' smart heating thermostats? - Kingy - 11-06-2014, 05:57 PM