Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone using 'Nest', 'Hive' or 'Tado' smart heating thermostats?
I'm dealing directly with the manufacturer - which makes it worse tbh. Their excuse was that my order date was before they had received the new Tado 2 units in to send out - as they are just being released. Given they are actually shipping them now thats a load of bollocks as it would not have been logistically possible. They have just tried to clear 'old stock' onto people hoping they will just accept it either unaware of the new unit or not prepared to go through the hassle of return/credit/re-order. I suspect thats why the call from the installer was within hours of the unit being delivered to me as once it's installed it's much more awkward to try and return.

The lady I spoke to excpected me to order a new Tado 2 before I was credited for the Tado 1 which I'm sending back. My arse!

I'll get this unit sent back and credited and have another look at the new Honeywell unit in the mean time. At present Tado still appears to be the 'smartest' and most suitable for our use, but I've not looked into Honeywell properly so nows the time.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/ne...ostat.html
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anyone using 'Nest', 'Hive' or 'Tado' smart heating thermostats? - Kingy - 10-14-2014, 07:05 AM