Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone using 'Nest', 'Hive' or 'Tado' smart heating thermostats?
(10-16-2014, 07:07 AM)Kingy Wrote: Tado on its way back to Germany. Now lets see how 'smart' they are at issuing a credit before we start again. Smile

Good luck with that one then Smile
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
Credit (refund) received last week. Tado 2 ordered and set to be despatched next week.
Tado support assured me the new unit is a very easy DIY installation so final price came out cheaper than the Tado 1. Cool
10% discount code: michael_10

My brother (Jason) is a sparks so I've got him primed and ready for the installation. Easy or not, I'll end up twatting it with a hammer. Tongue
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Hope you get the right one this time then pal.
Easy DIY they say......lets hope so or I can see the big hammer coming out lol
OK.

Have Tado 2.
Have instructions.
Have a pain in the arse brother who I can't tie down to helping me.
Bike ride tonight from work then, if I'm back early enough, having a dabble myself. Smile

Wish me luck.
It's been nice knowing you all. Wink
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
I can see your family getting their coats and hats out for those cold evenings sat watching telly when you can't get the heating to work again lol
What's that mushroom cloud over Glossop ??
All the gear, No idea.

[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Too many to remember
Its hammertime. Wink

Tbh, followed the instructions diligently. Wiring was simple and straightforward. Everything correct (double checked). Switched on - all good. Then went to sync everything. Two boxes - the smart thermostat and the extension box linked to the boiler need to sync via wifi to 'the gateway' which is connected to the router.

So, Gateway connects properly. All three lights on, with one flashing waiting for the smart thermostat to link.
Activated that - No problem. All lights on.
Activated the extension box. (Which connects to and controls the boiler)
...Problem.
It won't sync. (So can't communicate with Tado server).
Checked instructions again.
Went back over everything, double checking and there is nothing wrong. (Wiring wise there is sod all to check as its only 3 connections in the boiler and then three in the tado extension box and all are colour and number coded).

Switched my BT router and 'Tado bridge' power on/off and and tried syncing again.
Same result.

FAQ suggested a factory (software) reset to check software (syncing) was set up 100% correct.
Did this, but as the three units have been registered once, I now get held at this point (screen) of 'installation' and cannot get any further. Aaaagh!

Have emailed tech support and told them whilst everything works as it should do independently, until it will all sync together it won't work. I'm assuming they need to sort it their (server) side.

Bit pissed off to be honest as a software issue is the last thing I thought would happen. Lets see what they say. Hopefully if they give their server a quick slap we will be sorted. Smile
Oh dear, and so so frosty this morning too Smile
Ha ha. Smile Heating still works as it always has done mate so it's no issue in that respect. Just can't get the Tado element working. Had a look on their Facebook Page and two or three other people have (just) put on exactly the same issue, so it seems I'm not alone. Pleasing as it means it's likely not something I've done and they will be able to sort - although not good.
I've left a suitable message for them.
Legs hope they can get it sorted for you then.

What exactly does the Tado help you do ?