Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone using 'Nest', 'Hive' or 'Tado' smart heating thermostats?
Sound way to complicated, you can't beat a switch

[Image: stock-vector-vector-coloring-on-off-swit...024742.jpg]

Unless your trying to save money by not letting your wife turn it on when your away like Yogi Smile
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
Ha ha. Brilliant. Big Grin

(10-06-2014, 05:03 PM)Jollyjoiner Wrote: Unless your trying to save money by not letting your wife turn it on when your away like Yogi Smile

That will be the size of it!
Yaz has been told once this is in and set the heating controls are never touched. Tongue

I've ordered one. I'll let you know how it goes once its in and running.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Good luck matey Smile
My Tado arrived at work this morning. All excited I opened it up. Looks quality ... but ... hang on ... Tado 2 is the current unit all over the website and internet for the last couple of weeks, and this is ... Tado 1. The 'old' system which has been superceeded. Cheeky bastids.

The installer phoned me soon after the package/Tado was signed for to arrange installation (which was impressive) and got told no - it will be going back to be replaced for a new one.

Phoned and emailed Tado and am awaiting a returns label to send it back for full credit as they cannot 'swap' as like all big companies the easy solution is the one they are incapable of doing. It was no surprise their side that I preferred to have the Tado 2. Bell ends!

Will get this back, get my credit and then try again.

Bit disappointed to be honest.
Ordering was a chore as they didn't recognise my 10% code so I had to re-order with a new code supplied from them.
Then, once ordered, I couldn't arrange installation through the site, but it demanded I did and kept throwing errors up but not quoting an error code.
It took help from support twice just to order - and not once did anybody say - You do realise we are sending you the 'old' system and not the shiny new one you have read about. Dodgy
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Mmmmmm sounds like a right shower of shite.
Lets hope they credit you back for the wrong one.
Then I suggest you look into it a tad more and find another supplier and installer Sad
I'm dealing directly with the manufacturer - which makes it worse tbh. Their excuse was that my order date was before they had received the new Tado 2 units in to send out - as they are just being released. Given they are actually shipping them now thats a load of bollocks as it would not have been logistically possible. They have just tried to clear 'old stock' onto people hoping they will just accept it either unaware of the new unit or not prepared to go through the hassle of return/credit/re-order. I suspect thats why the call from the installer was within hours of the unit being delivered to me as once it's installed it's much more awkward to try and return.

The lady I spoke to excpected me to order a new Tado 2 before I was credited for the Tado 1 which I'm sending back. My arse!

I'll get this unit sent back and credited and have another look at the new Honeywell unit in the mean time. At present Tado still appears to be the 'smartest' and most suitable for our use, but I've not looked into Honeywell properly so nows the time.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/ne...ostat.html
It's a shame their employees aren't the 'smartest' out there Smile
Ha ha. Smile

(Rep button needed Wink)
Quick mooch at Honeywell and it seems their offering, whilst nice looking doesn't have the capability of registering phones to enable the system to recognise arrival/ departure. Sad No use to me then.
Tado on its way back to Germany. Now lets see how 'smart' they are at issuing a credit before we start again. Smile