Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hola
Hello everyone. Long time listener, first time phoner inner. Or something like that.

My interest in bikes is primarily with the racing, though I don't race myself, I'm one of the large army of volunteers that helps ensure motorcycle racing happens in the UK.
I'm currently the youngest B-Grade Clerk of the Course in the country which allows me to run club level events (where slick tyres are allowed) on any road race circuit in the UK. I do this with Bemsee, but I also volunteer my marshalling skills for PDMCC and anything local to me that wants them (when they don't clash with Bemsee).
In my role as Clerk I was fortunate to be one of the first Clerks of the Course to run the first motorcycle bike meeting on the Silverstone International (using the Wing complex) circuit this year.

Outside of racing, I have recently completed my CBT (a few years later than I wanted admittedly) and bought myself a Yamaha YBR125 which I use to commute to and from work. I say commute only because I go to/from work on it, but it's no longer the unenjoyable commute I had in the car, it's a 30 minute ride of pure fun there and a 30 minute ride of pure fun back.
I have started using the bike more and more for little things as well, so nipping to Halfords to get parts for the car when I was working on it the other week. My motto is, if it fits in the top box, I go on the bike.
Or if it fits up my sleeve.
Or trouser leg.
Or gaffer taped to the bike so I can go on the bike...
I only now use the car for long journeys (to and from circuits) where I might need a nap en route (late finishes at work regularly occur the week before a race meeting for some reason) or comfort is a priority or passengers or motorways (can't use them yet on L Plates and don't have a satnav for the bike to know the way).

Outside of that, I'm a Research Engineer working with Loughborough University and Buro Happold in Bath doing my Engineering Doctorate degree (exactly the same as a PhD but in Engineering instead of Philosophy) (big difference is PhD comes up with new theories, but EngD comes up with new tools/practices and uses them in an industry setting).

Other than that, I don't think there's much else to say about me. But if you have any questions feel free to ask them and watch them be ignored until Kingy comes up with a funny answer to them Angel
So, basically you are a bike riding geek. Smile Wink
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
who likes to boss racers about
All the gear, No idea.

[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Too many to remember
Hole in one on both counts Big Grin