You are a roughty toughty biker Smile

Pub sounds the best idea Wink
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
How you feeling this morning mate ?

You walking like John Wayne today ?
Yep. Look like I've got a bag of coal strapped to one leg dragging behind me! Wink
Feeling better though. Very pleased I decided to ride to and from work yesterday. It was only 16 miles total but I reckon that has done the world of good. Don't think I'll be able to fell run tomorrow though. Oh, and the medicinal beers hit the spot nicely last night. Smile
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Yeah you did the right thing Paul, besides your muscles stiffening up i'm sure your confidence would have taken a knock as well. So its always best to face those demons head on.
Glad you're OK matey
All the gear, No idea.

[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Too many to remember
Cheers everyone.

Decided to kill or cure myself on Saturday and did a longer ride on the Cannondale (about 30 miles). Strong headwind, so working hard and quickly forgot anything was sore. Smile Feel fine now and have some belting big black/purple bruises at the main points of tarmac/body interface and where the frame tried to stab me.

My local bike shop have really let me down which has been very disappointing. I got a call the night of the off from the mechanic/ co-owner (he's a mate I used to train with) which was great, but he was immediately negative about sourcing a new stem saying they may not be available. I said that was rubbish and even if one needed modifying (shims or reducing) I knew plenty of people that could do that. I've not had chance to call in the shop as its been a busy weekend, but my calls have been unanswered and I've had texts promising a phonecall that never arrived. Sad

Bottom line, I've taken the stem off. It has a shim to reduce the steerer to 1", so I've taken that out, measured the reach, extension and stem angle and ordered a new stem. As everything is now 'oversized' I was very restricted in choice. Only three stems out of all of Chainreaction and Wiggles stock - so I went for the one with the best reviews and it should be here in a day or two. My only concern is that the forks have obviously been cut to suit the current set up. If this stem isn't the same rise there is no room to alter shims to lift it - so I'll have to get used to a position with a bit more of a race feel to it. Won't know until I get the stem. It is reversible, but there is no info on the stem angle degree in the order details.

Just a shame I waited on the bike shop as I could have the bike back together now to try tomorrow (looks to be the only nice day of the week).
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Good to hear your not feeling to bad and doing some good miles on your other bike.
Like you say, it's a shame your local bike shop couldn't, wouldn't or couldn't be arsed to help you out.
Lets hope the one you've ordered fits straight on with no problems.
You will then have the satisfaction of doing the job yourself Smile
Tip, get someone else to fit it !

Ask Yaz, she'll probly have more of an idea.
All the gear, No idea.

[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Too many to remember
Cheers JJ. It's nice to get a helpful post from a fellow poster with experience of a terrible accident on two wheels. Wink (Although I doff my cap to you as the 'Don' of terrible accidents Big Grin)

(03-09-2015, 09:13 PM)Yogi Wrote: Tip, get someone else to fit it !

Tw@t! Tongue

... But you do have a point! Smile
(03-10-2015, 09:25 AM)Kingy Wrote: Cheers JJ. It's nice to get a helpful post from a fellow poster with experience of a terrible accident on two wheels. Wink (Although I doff my cap to you as the 'Don' of terrible accidents Big Grin)

(03-09-2015, 09:13 PM)Yogi Wrote: Tip, get someone else to fit it !

Tw@t! Tongue

... But you do have a point! Smile

Hahahaha Smile