Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I've had a bit of an accident.
New spacers arrived at weekend so I've now stripped it down and rebuilt. Riding the bike last week I felt like I was falling off the back of the seat. Checked that out properly last night and the seat is fecked. Bent out of shape from the accident. Fortunately I had a couple of new seats in the garage (from previous bike builds/ upgrades) so I've stuck one of those on for now. Riding the bike in this morning was a bit of a pleasure. Front end felt planted/smooth/secure and the seat was again comfy and kept me in the right position. All good. Cool

New stem and spacers ...

[Image: IMG_20150317_060504_zpskeoys4n2.jpg]

And bike (yes it needs a proper clean) with the new 'I know it's the wrong colour, but it will do for now' Scott seat. Tongue

[Image: IMG_20150317_060537_zpsj36eypru.jpg]
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Well done mate Smile

And who cares what colour the seat is ? as most of it is berried deep up the backside anyway lol :/
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
(03-17-2015, 08:05 AM)Jollyjoiner Wrote: Well done mate Smile

And who cares what colour the seat is ? as most of it is berried deep up the backside anyway lol :/

Cheers Nige. I even tightened to the recommended torque settings. Didn't just smack an allen key with a hammer - honest! Wink

And yes, agree on the seat. It's new (never used - so unmarked) and comfy so ticks the main boxes. Given that I've just/this morning noticed that my 'old faithful' Endura pants (pertex windproofs) have developed a big tear from sliding down the road and need replacing (£65 Dodgy) then I can see the seat being a permanent fixture.
It's a winter/hack bike so the cycling law states that it only gets money spent on it when absolutely necessary! Big Grin
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Stems on the wring way round, slam that front end!
Sod off! Smile It's 5 degrees lower than the one it replaced. Proper old school, no prisoners racing frame. If I go any lower I will be winning limbo competitions as I ride! Wink