Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You try and save the planet...
For Friday through to Monday I was away from my office desk (lecture Friday, Brands Hatch at the weekend and conference Monday).

So to be eco-friendly I shut my computer down at work, saving my tabs on Chrome so that when I came in this morning, I just had to open Chrome and I could continue where I left off.

But no. The IT team have changed my chrome settings, deleted my history and banned my ability to save the tabs from my current session.

Which means I'm now trying to find the 50 odd tabs I had open with research papers and other stuff so I can even begin to work! Clearly they want me to leave my computer on 24/7....

Gah. Rant over. For now.
And they've removed my remote desktopping abilities so now I can't access my research at the uni or at home....
That's all a bit medieval isn't it?
Can't see what issue tabs would give, and (with authorisation if absolutely necessary) remote desktop.

Come on. Admit it. You are parking your new car in one of the IT Teams favourite parking places aren't you and this is his/her revenge! Wink

... I can only imagine the heart attack your IT guys would have if they saw any of my tabs/ favourites or web history! Smile I'm still trying to shake bloody malware off from last weeks 'web search' that went horribly wrong. Tongue
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
They've done it to all of us in the team (the team that does software development and therefore tends to do things not in line with company policy (but are authorised for it).

They're basically just being idiots who didn't think through their forced update. Don't think they were happy with my email to them though blaming them for the lack of work I'm doing today!
(02-24-2015, 01:54 PM)FraserG Wrote: Don't think they were happy with my email to them though blaming them for the lack of work I'm doing today!

Shouldn't you have been working and not wasting your time with pointless emails? Tongue

Big Grin Angel Big Grin
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
(02-25-2015, 07:41 AM)Kingy Wrote:
(02-24-2015, 01:54 PM)FraserG Wrote: Don't think they were happy with my email to them though blaming them for the lack of work I'm doing today!

Shouldn't you have been working and not wasting your time with pointless emails? Tongue

Big Grin Angel Big Grin

If I'd had my tabs available I would have been working! Tongue
(02-25-2015, 05:54 PM)FraserG Wrote: If I'd had my tabs available I would have been working! Tongue

My tabs tend to keep me from working! Tongue
(02-25-2015, 05:55 PM)Kingy Wrote:
(02-25-2015, 05:54 PM)FraserG Wrote: If I'd had my tabs available I would have been working! Tongue

My tabs tend to keep me from working! Tongue

You need to find more work related tabs Tongue
My tabs have got me into trouble before, I'm glad I only have two Smile
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
I gave up 'tabs'..........been a non smoker now for a goodly while. hehe
Supplier of quality decals & logos in cut/full colour vinyl, personalised tea/coffee mugs, banners, digi photos on art canvas etc for the trackdayer/racer.