Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where has everyone gone? Any why aren't people posting?
I know the forum is not busy at the best of times, but where has everyone gone?

Hope no one is ill. (Seriously).

Can those that keep looking in but not posting just add something! People said they wanted the forum to stay when I was looking at closing it down, but after a flurry of activity there is just nothing happening now.

I appreciate that Facebook is an easier medium to post quickly on - especially pictures. As many know, whilst I'm on there I'm not personally a fan of it and would dance a little dance if it disappeared tomorrow.

For those that see this and bother to respond - Is there anything we can do to involve people more?
Any suggestions that would get people posting again and perhaps recommending this site to friends/ others.
Or are we dead in the water?

Clearly the track day/ race thing has died a death as anyone doing them doesn't post on here. Do we need to alter the layout on this basis? Remove emphasis about motorbikes?

Any / All suggestions are welcome as it's getting to the point of wondering why we leave the forum hanging around in cyber space when we see people browsing but adding nothing and have a daily post count in single digits.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
I'm with you on this one Kingy, we have tried everything, people just don't seem interested in saying anything on here.
I'm at a lost on what else we can do apart from calling the forum the KingyfraserJJ show Sad
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
I'm out of ideas unfortunately Sad I remember the good old days when there were posts abound and forums of all types thrived. Now, it seems 'social media' has killed them off Sad
it would be a real shame if TM died as i like the site Cool maybe we need to get back to basics because when i joined i was looking for all the info about how to start track days !
maybe now everybody knows what there doing theres not so much call for sites like this one Huh how do the others like TDR do it ?
picasso racing Big Grin (f.b)

My take on it...

Bottom line: Forums like this one rely on regular posters.
I think of forums like chatting with mates in the pub. You shift conversation (jump topics) and sometimes some of it doesn't make sense or will get heated, but everyone gets a say and you usually end up laughing about it.

Here on TM we don't have a big enough nucleus of regular posters. We could have with the people that look in, but sadly not enough of those post and many (despite their best intentions) post a couple of times, then maybe look in a few times, then forget about the forum for weeks/ months before popping in again. I'm not having a 'go' at anyone here, just making an observation on what I see happening.

A busy forum generates interest.

We are not busy due to a lack of threads/ posts - so we are not generating any interest. Just enough to keep the search engines crawling over us on a daily basis, but not enough to make people stay and join in. This makes it impossible to move forward.

I agree with Fraser that Social Media has killed many forums off. I've seen several die when members have posted - "I've started a Facebook Group for the site - Have a look". This has been followed by a mass exodus leaving a forum with no posters. Quite sad as the FB Group has then been dominated by those who 'shout loudest from behind their keyboards' or post irellevant drivel as FB isn't moderated so no need to worry about offending anyone. I've seen this attitude on my timeline from gobshites I should really unfriend rather than just clicking 'I dont want to see this' as I normally do.

Personally I much prefer forums. I like the way you can build relationships with fellow posters/ members and like the feeling of community. Sadly I appear to be in the minority nowadays. Maybe I'm just an old fart holding onto a piece of the past! Tongue

At the minute I can't see a way forward for TM. Like 'Citroen' (Wink) said - It will be a shame if TM dies - But unless we get more people posting it's hard to see how it can carry on as it is. Believe it or not, we probably have more posts in the mod section than we do on the main boards.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
I'll agree with all what you have said Kingy and if we didn't keep posting on the mods section then we wouldn't have anything to talk about Sad
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
lol maybe i should change my name to 'gti' as i work for peugeot
picasso racing Big Grin (f.b)

Been sick as a dog for 2 months; the never ending cold/sinus shite, plus been abroad again Israel; the dodgy part, plus been all over the UK.

Don't have time to shit at the moment, and it wont get better. I'm tied up for 2 straight weeks, then off to Zurich or Stutgart; not sure which. Then off to Guatamala after that to finish commissioning 5 systems.
I keep meaning to post, but the time just isn't there.
Probably one who doesn't post as often as I used to......you're right about the bike/TD thingy having all but died out. I suppose things move on and change. I've not seen Bongo posting anywhere of late not have I seen anything from Roxy..he seems to have just disappeared of the face of the interweb. The guys who used to keep in touch on TM as well as other means have all morphed off elsewhere so I suspect it's just that it is what it is. I think the difference between other forum and TM was that we were relatively small and knew people in real life not just on line. With folks getting older and the race/TD thing getting left behind people lost the reason/need to visit the forum and so it slowly shrivelled on the vine.

We have quiet periods here for sure but it's still agood place to keep in touch without resorting to twatter or feckbook..................
Supplier of quality decals & logos in cut/full colour vinyl, personalised tea/coffee mugs, banners, digi photos on art canvas etc for the trackdayer/racer.
Sorry folks I have been a bit under the weather over the last few weeks, had a few issues lots of blood tests Drs telling me it was anxiety related due to PTSD. Then after having a liver and gallblader ultrasound I find out I have a large gallstone so hence why I was feeling so crap. But on the upside the new years resoloution has started well as I've lost two and a half stone since mid Jan through physically not being able to eat. But I appear to on the mend now and I'm if nothing else eating three meals a day again.