Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Broke my laptop so this will be the 'fixit' thread.
You can use a magnet to pick the screws out.
Take a video of the disassembly, and you can refer to it if (when) you get stuck.

Chances of success = a big fat zero

You'll be in pcworld by Sunday
All the gear, No idea.

[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Too many to remember
Ha ha. Love the replies.

Yee with little faith.

My £2.89 new DC jack arrived Saturday afternoon. I was at the football and then a Birthday party so Sunday was Laptop Day.

I checked a video out on youtube and then set about stripping everything down as getting to the part I wanted meant everyting including the keyboard needed to come out.

Like this ...

[Image: IMG_20150201_120041_zpsufxxkor9.jpg?t=1422778428]

Leaving me looking at this rather quizzically ...

[Image: IMG_20150201_114959_zpsbhlzcof2.jpg]

All to get to this little nuisance:

[Image: IMG_20150201_115004_zpsyisrovfr.jpg]

Put it all back together - fired it up and got the low battery (5%) warning as I'd left it. Plugged the charger in (withj fingers crossed) ................... And the power meter registered charging. Smile Job done in under an hour for the princely sum of £2.89.

Then went to type something and thats when I realised I'd not re-connected the keyboard ribbon! Lol. So, now I'm a fully qualified laptop technician I just whipped the keyboard off, connected ribbon and we were sorted within a few minutes.

I'm rather pleased with myself as I use this laptop for work (home) and I really didn't fancy being without it.

Oh, and I also found a broken bracket whilst in there. The plastic mounts had snapped so no replacement part. Superglued the three points that had broke in the hope it may stay together once back in one piece and so far it has. Cool
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Well done Mr Smarty pants.......hehe
Supplier of quality decals & logos in cut/full colour vinyl, personalised tea/coffee mugs, banners, digi photos on art canvas etc for the trackdayer/racer.
Yes well done you

That looks the same ase my toshiba laptop too Smile
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad