Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's pandemonium out there
Woke up, no snow or ice anywhere so brilliant, I can go to work. Get ready for work, come downstairs to find snow has begun falling. The bike's become covered quite quickly (I take the cover off when I wake up to hang it up to dry before going for a warm shower) but it's melting on the roads. Decided to chance it on a slow ride into work (though eventually, slow would be forced upon me). Getting out of town there's an Asda and traffic was stopped on the road outside it, which is a bit off because usually my lane is clear (not many people go to Bath on that road I've found). Slow filter through 2 miles later to the lights at the Shaw junction to realise the hold up is just the sheer number of panicking drivers suddenly going for the car instead of other methods of transport.

Going along the top road between Box Fiveways and the A4 was very picturesque with the snow on the hills and the golf course, but I couldn't enjoy it very much as, being a fairly unused road, the ice was thick. Very slow riding (could have probably pushed the bike quicker) up and over back down into Bath. Then in Bath it was even worse, everyone was boxing in the yellow boxes, covering keep clear, trying to close the bus lane....

If we were to believe the car drivers I do believe the end is nigh.... Either that or they do love a good panic...

Either way, be safe out there monkey's!
Ha ha. Typical.

I opened the garage door at 5am and wheeled my road (push) bike out. Quite surprised to see the cars covered in snow and snow coming down with a wind swirling it around. Considered driving, but walking out on to the driveway it wasn't slippy so I reckoned road surfaces would be ok. Rode in the long way (its 2.5 miles but I do about 8 miles) very cautiously as the roadbike has very skinny slicks on. Managed it with little drama, but imagine that would have been a very different scenario a couple of hours later. Oh, and the wind was pretty strong and bloody cold! Brrrrr.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007