Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New tv
I've only gone and bought my self a new telly for the front room Smile

It's a Samsung 50" smart led UE50H5500 and I also bought a Sony HT-CT370 sounsbar with wireless sub to compliment it nicely.

Can't fault either for the money, the picture is crystal clear and the soundbar has a nice amount of bass to give you that cinema feel.
It's also bluetooth so I can link it to my phone and play my stored music.

For £750 for the two I think it's a good buy and would recomend both.

I was looking at a Sonos soundbar. Now the sound quality from those is very good indeed but I couldn't justify the price at £599, then when you couple that with Sonos sub at another £599 it makes it a very expensive job.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
Nice one mate. Sounds a really good set up.

Many people will try and convince you that you need a system of separates for your AV sound. Whilst it's true you can get excellent quality this way, for me the sound bars (and boxes) are now so good that I personally don't think its worth going down the seperates way (amp/ speakers / sub etc) unless it's your hobby.

I've got a Bose lifestyle system but rarely use it since installing a Panasonic 'boom box' (my name for it! - Its like your sound bar but is a box). It switches on and off with the tv and is a cracking sound/volume with good bass. Like yours its bluetooth too so great for scaring the kids! Wink

It's unbelievable what you get for your money with TV's nowadays. Oh, and 50" is the perfect size imho. You need 42" min to replicate widescreen so 50" will do that and then some without being too big.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
I'm with you on the size, I think this 50 is perfect, my old samsung was a 46 so not gone that much bigger.
Nice one JJ. Got a Bose surround system linked to my lounge telly/amplifier but rarely use it.........(consideration for the neighbours 'cause living in a semi (1930's) the sound would carry through to their place.....oh and I can't be arsed turning it on/off...hehe) Got a sound bar on my 'work' monitor and considering it was only £25 the sound is pretty good so yours should be ace.
Supplier of quality decals & logos in cut/full colour vinyl, personalised tea/coffee mugs, banners, digi photos on art canvas etc for the trackdayer/racer.
(01-09-2015, 04:47 PM)RogerC Wrote: Nice one JJ. Got a Bose surround system linked to my lounge telly/amplifier but rarely use it.........(consideration for the neighbours 'cause living in a semi (1930's) the sound would carry through to their place.....oh and I can't be arsed turning it on/off...hehe) Got a sound bar on my 'work' monitor and considering it was only £25 the sound is pretty good so yours should be ace.

I too am in a 1930's property but I think fook um Smile

oh I am a rebel lol
So, you two both bought your houses as new builds then? Wink
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
RE: New tv
So, you two both bought your houses as new builds then? Wink

LOL
[u]
(01-09-2015, 08:44 PM)Kingy Wrote: So, you two both bought your houses as new builds then? Wink

Hahahahaha your so funny Kingy Tongue
Soundbars have come on a long way, great choice of TV as well Jololy Joiner. Sonos is great for music, I have three round the house bought over the past few years, a NAS drive and all my music pretty much as Lossless files and it gets used almost every day. However would I have it my front room, probably not as it is very expensive to make a whole Surround Sound system when as you rightly said most soundbars will compete with them.

I built up my Cinema system over a few years and it is not subtle and I went the seperate routes. Full B&W speakers with a Dennon Amp, luckily we are detached so I can crank it up when watching the opening scenes from films like saving private ryan, you are on the beach trying to land as the mortars fly into the middle of the room, it really is stunning.

Enjoy your new purchases.
Cheers Speedy

Sounds like you have a cracking system there Wink