Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We've sold our house...the stresses of moving?
(12-05-2014, 02:56 PM)FraserG Wrote: Solicitor's called today, all the outstanding issues have been sorted and now looking to exchange this afternoon or early next week with the aim to hold the keys within 10 days Big Grin

Great news. Will be brilliant getting in before Christmas. Cool

(12-05-2014, 03:56 PM)Shelley Wrote: We are the middle of a chain of three, so I'm reluctant to make the first move when it comes to searches. And so far our solicitor hasn't even acknowledged receipt of all the forms from us, despite daily emails to her...

We had that. Very frustrating. Solicitors are tossers with conveyancies from my experiences.
Luckily our seller was the manager of the local Ryder and Dutton Estate Agents and I could pop in regularly to get updates and push her.
One in our chain was a family selling a house to split the money. The family member living in it didn't want to leave so said he would hold everyone up if he didn't get a payout from everyone in the chain. He held out for nearly a month and I assume the family came to some arrangement with him to save their sale as I (and the others) told him to do one.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007

Messages In This Thread
RE: We've sold our house...the stresses of moving? - Kingy - 12-06-2014, 06:21 PM