Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We've sold our house...the stresses of moving?
I've got my brother (electrician) coming up on Saturday (not decorating before the weekend, too busy with work before Xmas) to have a look. I want him to do some stuff and I expect he'll tear most the house down to do it before putting it back up xD Then he's helping me decorate hopefully. Electric is working (so can put some electric heaters in if necessary) but couldn't get the boiler to fire up. Going back tonight to have another look.
Take a hammer. Solves most DIY 'problems' for me. Wink
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
I prefer the WD40 and Duct tape method of engineering and DIY Tongue
I can just imagine ....

[Image: duct-tape-batman-mask-lucha-libre-phase.jpg]
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Cheaper than going to A&E for a plaster cast on a broken nose by the looks of it!
Stop wasting time............get off the internet and back to sorting that house out FG ...........hehe :-)
Supplier of quality decals & logos in cut/full colour vinyl, personalised tea/coffee mugs, banners, digi photos on art canvas etc for the trackdayer/racer.
Well, a bit of an update....

Our buyers were dishonest time wasting pricks. One of them had such a bad credit score they couldn't get a mortgage. We were under pressure from the people we were buying off so we went back on the market. Slow progress so we used another agent as well. Our sellers went back on the market too and they sold on the Saturday. We sold on the Tuesday after. We lost that house. This time we sold to an investor who was happy to wait. We realised the first house wasn't for us after all and that we'd got our priorities all wrong.

We then found a lovely house. We offered on it for all the right reasons - plot, garden, layout. And not for the decor and furniture like the first house. They accepted, we progressed and arranged searches and surveys. Then the day before the surveyor was due out they decided they didn't want to sell anymore and pulled out. Luckily we managed to stop everything straight away and didn't lose money. That was about 6 weeks ago.

We were getting really disheartened as there just wasn't anything we even wanted to go and see. Then easter weekend we lined up 5 houses and found one I fell in love with. We offered. It was accepted. Only our house and theirs in the chain as they are moving to a mobile home. Perfect!

3rd time lucky??
Best of luck.

Bloody nightmare moving house. That's why it's so important to make sure you choose the right one that you both love - and is big enough for your family. Find that and you never need to move again.

Hope thats ^^ what has happened for you. A load of hassle to get to the right result in the end.
Good luck with this one, hope it all goes to plan and stress free.
Has it got a big garage for you to fill with toys again Smile
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
It's got two!