Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We've sold our house...the stresses of moving?
Solicitor's called today, all the outstanding issues have been sorted and now looking to exchange this afternoon or early next week with the aim to hold the keys within 10 days Big Grin
You'll be in next Friday or the following Friday then. Great news Fraser!

We are the middle of a chain of three, so I'm reluctant to make the first move when it comes to searches. And so far our solicitor hasn't even acknowledged receipt of all the forms from us, despite daily emails to her...

Might be calling our agent to see how the buyer is getting on.
(12-05-2014, 02:56 PM)FraserG Wrote: Solicitor's called today, all the outstanding issues have been sorted and now looking to exchange this afternoon or early next week with the aim to hold the keys within 10 days Big Grin

Great news. Will be brilliant getting in before Christmas. Cool

(12-05-2014, 03:56 PM)Shelley Wrote: We are the middle of a chain of three, so I'm reluctant to make the first move when it comes to searches. And so far our solicitor hasn't even acknowledged receipt of all the forms from us, despite daily emails to her...

We had that. Very frustrating. Solicitors are tossers with conveyancies from my experiences.
Luckily our seller was the manager of the local Ryder and Dutton Estate Agents and I could pop in regularly to get updates and push her.
One in our chain was a family selling a house to split the money. The family member living in it didn't want to leave so said he would hold everyone up if he didn't get a payout from everyone in the chain. He held out for nearly a month and I assume the family came to some arrangement with him to save their sale as I (and the others) told him to do one.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Congrats Shelley, two kids demand way more space!!! Pleased we moved 3 years ago now but would not do it again in a hurry, £10K stamp duty always puts me off!

Hope it goes smoothly and your in soon :-)
Picking up the keys today hopefully, exchanged last Monday so everything should be good for today eeeeee
Fingers crossed for you FG...................good luck and remember moving in day requires loads of effort until around 7pm then sit back on whatever is available, open a bottle of plonk and congratulate yourselves on your new home :-)
Supplier of quality decals & logos in cut/full colour vinyl, personalised tea/coffee mugs, banners, digi photos on art canvas etc for the trackdayer/racer.
Great news Fraser. Hope it all goes smoothly. Smile
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
You in yet ?
All the gear, No idea.

[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Too many to remember
Got the keys ok in the afternoon after some hassle with banks holding onto funds for extra security checks so the sellers solicitors wouldn't release them but that got sorted about 4pm so rushed home and got the keys. Went over to the house but the electric had been disconnected so spent a couple of hours fixing that and clearing the mail that had built up behind the door. Lots of phone calls to make now!

Haven't moved in yet though, still in my rented flat for one more month. Gonna decorate over Xmas, get the place how we want it while there's no furniture in it then move in in the new year and clog the place up with motorcycle bits mwa ha ha ha.
Nice one.
If you are decorating make sure you have light/electric and gas sorted to work in and make sure no frozen pipes if we get a proper chill.
Weigh up if you want ANY cabling putting in before you decorate as now is the time to chase walls and lift floorboards to fit ethernet cable, coax cable, alarm wiring or anything else you want to send around the house. Thats what we did and it's been invaluable over the years.