Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easter
What did everyone do for the long weekend then?

I spent Friday working round the house and thinking about coursework before going over to a colleagues house for pizza, cider and a viewing of Battle Royale, which is the first film I've ever seen with no English what-so-ever and yet, it was surprisingly easy to follow (despite not understanding a single word being said!).

Saturday and Sunday was spent at Pembrey helping the Classic Racing Motorcycle Club with their season opener. Weather was surprisingly nice, sunny and at one point Race Control was 34C (too hot!). A good weekend had with the classic club and some good racing from the old machines.

Monday I did the coursework I had been thinking about on Friday. Alas, no rest for the academics! Now back to work for more but at least it's only a 4 day week Big Grin
Friday I was dieing
Saturday I was dieing
Sunday I was dieing
Monday I was dieing
Today I'm waiting for a call back from my doctor Sad
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
Did you not get to use the scaffolding? I hope it's nothing too serious JJ, it'd be a shame to lose the tale of the injured leg!
Only managed a couple of hours on scaffold, just felt too off it to do anything.
Got antibiotics now from docs for my chest, lets hopw this clears it up cos I'm feeling like shit Sad
Good job the PPI will cover the extra scaffold hire charges
All the gear, No idea.

[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Too many to remember
I'm using that money as my wages Yogi Smile
I've had the week off work. Annual Easter shutdown. Forgot to mention it (sorry) as finishing coincided with month end/year end so was a bit hectic.

For once in I dont know how many years we got good weather though, so we've had a brilliant week off. Yaz has been in Hong Kong for most of it (shame) so I've been tasked with keeping the kids busy and wearing them out. Fell walks, bike rides and long walks have been the order of the day and not once have either of them been up late or got up early! My work here is done Wink
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Sounds like a good week Kingy! Though I'm not sure if you were tasked with keeping the kids busy, or they were tasked with keeping you out of mischief Tongue

Doris has finished her Easter with a trip to Alton Towers with her younger siblings. I was dragged along so they could have a driver after spending Saturday at Three Sisters with PDMCC. Weather was good for the racing, not so good for the rides!
(04-12-2015, 09:17 PM)FraserG Wrote: Sounds like a good week Kingy! Though I'm not sure if you were tasked with keeping the kids busy, or they were tasked with keeping you out of mischief Tongue

I have a feeling you may have hit the nail right on the head there! Not only did I miss my Thursday beer night (didn't even realise it was Thursday!) but in the whole, sunny week I've only sipped at three pints in the sun. Huh ... Angel ... Dodgy ... I think I've been played. Big Grin
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007