Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We've sold our house...the stresses of moving?
After about a month of being on the market we accepted an offer on Friday, AND had our offer accepted on what will hopefully be our new house, the very next day.

It's less than a mile up the road, but closer to Feen Big Grin

The school run will take longer, and I'll have to resist taking the car unless it really is gopping weather. It's a much bigger house and the kitchen/diner is amazing!

Hopefully will be in by February :-)
Nice one Shell.
Moving is an arse. Solicitors usually become an obstacle instead of a help as they view house moves as cheap crappy work they want to put as little effort into as possible.
Nicely done on selling and buying so quickly.

Yaz moved into my house and when we sold (to my brother) in '98 we moved a mile up the road. Went for the biggest house we could afford at the time. It was a real stretch for us back then, but we wanted to stay in it a minimum of ten years. That was the plan. We love the house/ neighbours/ area so much we are still in it now 16 years later. We've considered moving, but despite looking at bigger, more expensive properties cannot find one that offers as much as this one does for us and the kids. Hope your new house is the same for you. Brilliant time in your families lives. Smile
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Nice, I hope the move goes smoothly for you then.

But do you realy want to live closer to Feen Smile

Movings not for me, been in our house for 22years now, couldn't bare having a morgage again.
I think i'll stay put Smile
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
(12-03-2014, 08:31 AM)Jollyjoiner Wrote: couldn't bare having a morgage again.

You wouldn't get one at your age you old codger! Wink Tongue
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
(12-03-2014, 08:31 AM)Jollyjoiner Wrote: But do you realy want to live closer to Feen Smile

OI...... lol Dodgy

be great to have you guys within shouting distance Big Grin it'll make boyz night much easier LOL xx
[Image: 429106_10150572149937980_1602159129_n.jp...c4299546f0]
Me and Doris (my other half) had an offer accepted on a house in September, our first one.

We're still waiting for the sellers solicitors to get their backsides into gear and do something. We were hoping to be in before Christmas but it isn't looking likely at the moment >.<
(12-03-2014, 11:45 AM)FraserG Wrote: Me and Doris (my other half) had an offer accepted on a house in September, our first one.

Congrats on the house. Cool Fingers crossed you are in for Christmas, but I have little faith in solicitors/ conveyancing after my last experiences.
My brother and I used the same firm of solicitors to keep it simple when he bought my house and I bought a new (to me) one. I'd used them to buy the house Jason was having off me. They managed to cause all manner of delays and couldn't communicate between themselves in the same office! Rolleyes
Congrats on the sell/buy Shelly. Hope it all goes smoothly for you. Like the guys have said moving is such a pain. Being RAF for 28 years meant we moved a few times..........I lose count these days but it was around 10-12 times between '72 and '84. We've been in this place since '84 and no intention of moving.

FG good luck with your purchase...fingers crossed for you being in for Christmas.
Supplier of quality decals & logos in cut/full colour vinyl, personalised tea/coffee mugs, banners, digi photos on art canvas etc for the trackdayer/racer.
I really love my house. Rick and I moved here just over 7 years ago. I fell in love with it first time we viewed it. But now.. I still love the house but there's so much I want to do to it which will take time and a shit load of money. It will be probably cheaper to move. Undecided

Good luck with your move Shell Big Grin
Ziggy
Good luck to you both in your new homes.

The delay with the legals is usually down to receiving the searches back, but can then be extended by complications, that then have to be resolved.
Unfortunately they don't like faxes or telephones so have to use the snail mail.
If you want it to move quicker get the solicitors to talk to each other, it's no detriment to them as they're usually on a fixed price anyway.

Been in mine for over 22 years now, in which time it's been extended probably threefold, no plans to move, I can't imagine moving it would probably take 3 full size moving wagons to move all my stuff alone.
All the gear, No idea.

[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Too many to remember