Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cant get the crf to fire up ???
after my little trip to wales a few weeks back ive just tried to turn her over but to no joy

When i was in wales she didnt like turning over on the button when she was cold on the 2nd day but kicked over fine

Now she wont even kick over

ive checked theres a spark and fuel all ok what could it be ????

cheers

Jonny
TO many crash test monkeys to list
Altenator?

I'm no good on the spanners so take whatever I say with a pinch of salt. I'm only suggesting this as I had the exact same issue with my WR450. Started to get dodgy on the button on a ride out in the Peaks. Then would only kick (fecking 450 needing to be kicked!). Then dead as a dead thing. Altenator was goosed. Bought new OE altenator (not cheap), fitted and job done.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
I would say test the battery for power, and the altenator as it might not be giving you a good enough spark
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
When you say it didn't like starting on the button, was it turning over? Is it carb or fuel injected? My WR is carb and can be temperamental an its just down the idle screw on the carb, the crf is a race engine so is quite highly tuned there could be a specific starting method from cold?
Get a new battery and a plug wont hurt.. then test the charginging system and all the earths..
picasso racing Big Grin (f.b)

[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Had a quick search on the tinterweb and this is a common crf problem with varying answers, valve clearances seem to be high up there. Also it says make sure the stroke is at top dead centre with the kick (i know from experience this can make a difference) push the kick all the way down let it up and push it down gently till you get resistance thats top dead centre. Give the throttle a twist 3 or 4 times to prime it then try it without the choke prime it again and then use the choke and see if it will fire. Its worth a try before you spend any money.
Charge the battery, then try it, it could be an electrical fault discharging the battery
All the gear, No idea.

[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Too many to remember