Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mighty Text - Android
Something you guys might or might not have seen.

I'm a very fast computer typist (>100wpm on tests) but don't enjoy the autocorrect (which could be turned off I know) or keyboard on phones these days (they're too small).

So something to help is a free app called MightyText (links below). It links your android phone to a web based application to allow you to send and receive text messages (and phone notifications) on your computer. Obviously you do need internet connection to your phone (through mobile data or wifi) but if you have unlimited data (most plans offer this these days) then this might be for you.

I've been using it for a week and so far so good.

There are two links, one which will give me a referral credit if you signed up/used the app from, and a normal one (so you can chose to not give me referral credit if you don't want).

Referral link - http://mightytext.net/RbonEeB
Non-ref link - http://mightytext.net

Hopefully this is of use to some of you? Particularly factory managers who might spend more time on their computer than dealing with (work) texts?
(11-25-2014, 02:58 PM)FraserG Wrote: Particularly factory managers who might spend more time on their computer than dealing with (work) texts?

Rolleyes
Tw@t.

And my official title at present is ...... 'Packaging Consultant' if you don't mind.

It was 'Chief washer upper and pallet wrapper' last week.

Big Grin
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
(11-25-2014, 04:08 PM)Kingy Wrote: It was 'Chief washer upper and pallet wrapper' last week.

They let you wrap the pallets? Staff shortage was it? Tongue

I'm hoping to get started on the bottom rung of washer upper after Christmas. Fingers crossed!
Packaging consultant and part time hairdresser :p
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
Very good Freezer, nice find.
All the gear, No idea.

[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Too many to remember
(11-25-2014, 07:27 PM)FraserG Wrote: They let you wrap the pallets? Staff shortage was it? Tongue

Evidently I'm very good at running round in circles. Wink

(11-25-2014, 07:27 PM)FraserG Wrote: I'm hoping to get started on the bottom rung of washer upper after Christmas. Fingers crossed!

Be careful. I've searched everywhere, but there is no app for it. You actually have to manually work! Seriously. In this day and age. Big Grin

(11-25-2014, 08:49 PM)Jollyjoiner Wrote: Packaging consultant and part time hairdresser :p

Shut it you curling tong carrying tosser! Tongue
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
(11-26-2014, 07:55 AM)Kingy Wrote:
(11-25-2014, 07:27 PM)FraserG Wrote: I'm hoping to get started on the bottom rung of washer upper after Christmas. Fingers crossed!

Be careful. I've searched everywhere, but there is no app for it. You actually have to manually work! Seriously. In this day and age. Big Grin

Seriously? I might chip a nail Sad
(11-26-2014, 12:30 PM)FraserG Wrote: Seriously? I might chip a nail Sad

You will have to have a 'girls hair and nails night' with Jollyjoiner to sort that out. Tongue
We missed you at the last session Kingy.

When you can make the next one, you'll have to ask JJ about his leg, it's a fascinating story (and if you get bored of hearing about his leg, I could always tell my side of the same story Tongue ).
(11-26-2014, 01:53 PM)FraserG Wrote: We missed you at the last session Kingy.

Big Grin

(11-26-2014, 01:53 PM)FraserG Wrote: When you can make the next one, you'll have to ask JJ about his leg, it's a fascinating story (and if you get bored of hearing about his leg, I could always tell my side of the same story Tongue ).

Has he been involved in a very serious motorbike accident? Well I never. Tongue