Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting Private Parking Tickets cancelled (DON'T PAY!)
You will no doubt have Private Parking Companies (PPC's) operating either in your town or where you shop/park. They offer free parking and usually have a very complicated sign with lots of small print. Many people end up with an invoice for £60 if paid within X number of days because they have either unknowingly outstayed the 'free' parking time, put their registration number in wrong or parked with a wheel outside the white line.

First off - These PPC's cannot issue fines. Only the Police and Council can issue Parking FINES. You have to pay those, or else appeal through their official process.
Also, in some cases the Private Parking companies operating do not even have permission to operate on the land. It's often complicated tracing the landowner, so the companies just set up and start to issue tickets/ invoices.

The Private Parking Companies are issuing speculative invoices with threats. they make them look legal but they are not. PPC's also have to abide by an industry code, which allows an appeal process. They ALWAYS reject your first appeal, but if done correctly that is irellevant.

DO NOT ignore the tickets and correspondance.
Many Private Parkng Companies are taking people to County Court and getting default judgements as people blindly ignore their mail. This happens because they are trying to get payment of an invoice which you have not disputed. So, get it sorted straight away and get this invoice cancelled.

There are two ways to get a Private Parking Invoice cancelled:

1) Do it yourself. Before doing anything go and register on Pepipoo forum. They have a section for this which gives advice and templates for your email appeal. Follow their advice and you will get the ticket cancelled. Your specific circumstances are often not worth including in an appeal - as it needs to be in a specific format to guarantee success. It's all about the charge being levied not being a genuine pre-estimate of loss.
This is the forum: http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?s=ed...owforum=60

2) Let a company do it for you. They charge £16 and guarantee to get the ticket cancelled or pay any fine themselves. I know you can do it for nothing, but for anyone who finds dealing with these parking parasites daunting then this is a much better option than paying the +/- £60 they demand which grows with every threatening letter.
This is the company: http://www.parkingticketappeals.org.uk/

The more people that get these ridiculous private parking invoices cancelled, the more chance they might come inline with Council and Police charges and systems. (Mind you, pigs might fly too! Wink).

Bottom line - DO NOT PAY PRIVATE PARKING TICKETS. It's a scam, pure and simple.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Thanks for the info Kingy. Hopefully I'll never need this but it's good to have the info handy for when it does all go wrong!
Good info that didnt know you could
do that
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Good advice. Ive fired these off a few times over the years, sometimes even rang them and threatened to visit the office lol

Tossers the lot of em.
Good heads up on this one Kingy.
My wife had a fine from our local co op supermarket after over staying in the 2 hour carpark. The company that issued the fine said because she had missed the 30 day deadline to pay the £45 then she should pay the now £90 fine. The thing was, she never received the first fine because it never came (the tossers). We sent them a letter for photographic proof of parking in there which they did send us still demanding the £90 so we sent them another recorded letter saying we wasn't paying it because they're trying to con an extra £45 out of people by lying about sending the first fine.
Didn't hear anymore from them.
Case closed lol
W**KERS
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
Resistance to the money grabbing parasites is growing!

Quote:Millions of people given extortionate car parking charges outside train stations, NHS hospitals and supermarkets could be in line for a refund thanks to a new campaign.
Cambridge law graduate Michael Green, 22, is leading a legal battle to have the 'fines' overturned in what could be Britain's largest ever group litigation.
Private companies which run car parks outside some of Britain's biggest store chains - including Aldi, Lidl, B&Q and PC World - will often allow customers to park for free, but threaten a large fine for exceeding a certain time limit.
However, Mr Green believes that these fines are unlawful - and is trying to gather 100,000 cases together to go to the High Court and prove it.
If he wins the landmark legal case, then that could open the door for 'at least 10million people' to claim their money back, and could put a stop to the fines for good.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...parks.html
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Hey Kingy, great post and I LOVE that pepipoo forum. It has helped me twice with parking tickets, once issued by the council and once issued by a private company in Leeds. The second one I just ignored every last threatening letter (as advised on the forum) and eventually they went away.

I've just advised a friend who received a fine in a town centre car park for parking outside of the bay, to sign up to that forum too, and not to pay. Unfortunately she had already appealed on personal circumstances, but hopefully will get some great advice soon.

PCP's rely on you breaching a contract. The small, poorly written, confusing signs are your contract that by parking, they assume you agree to. It makes me so angry.

There are people who purposely go around and collect parking fines all over the place to just ignore them and not pay.
(11-22-2014, 12:24 AM)Shelley Wrote: There are people who purposely go around and collect parking fines all over the place to just ignore them and not pay.

One chap on Pepipoo decided to appeal to Parking Eye by telling them he was abducted by aliens. Big Grin Lol. He put a copy of the appeal up on Pepipoo. Not surprisingly, they rejected it so he is now requesting his POPLA number and will get it cancelled due to inadequate signage and the fact the 'invoice' is not a genuine pre-estimate of loss.

What annoys me about these private parking companies is that if they were 'policing' the car parks properly and issuing reasonable 'invoices' for proper violations (Eg. parking in disabled spots with no blue badge) then no one would have a problem. They aren't though. They have a joke of an appeals process, have stupid rules which generate their invoices and apply no common sense whatsoever. Its just a parasitic money making scheme.
Would you believe it, but Pickled Onion got a council parking ticket on Friday. He blames Feen and H. I'm going to double check the signs tomorrow but may have to concede defeat on this one. The ticket appears to comply.
(12-03-2014, 02:38 AM)Shelley Wrote: Would you believe it, but Pickled Onion got a council parking ticket on Friday. He blames Feen and H. I'm going to double check the signs tomorrow but may have to concede defeat on this one. The ticket appears to comply.

Arse. Yep, if signage is good you do have to pay Council and Police tickets. Worth appealing if there is reason as many do get rescinded, but if it's right, like you - I'd pay it.