Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TV Series Worth Watching.
Battle Creek

From the same writer as Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul, so far its been really good a small town with very litte crime gets a new FBI dept much to the dismay of the local cops. However the lead cop and FBI Officer make an unlikely alliance to solve an all of a sudden sudge in crime rates.
Update :

The Walking Dead series 5 finale aired last night. Good, strong finish to the series for me. Also sets up series 6 very nicely. "Sunshine" Smile Carol is turning out to be one of the best characters in this series. Brilliant.

Black Sails E10 Series 2 (Finale) aired this week. This season has gone from strength to strength and finished with a fantastic episode. Very well written and filmed. Acting is top notch. Some real WTF moments an plot twists in series 2. Thoroughly enjoyed it and look forward to series 3.

Have also started series 3 of 'The Following' and it's quite good. It's clear very quickly that there are plots and subplots afoot. It's developed nicely after series 2.

Oh, and a new one I decided to try as Netflix kept pestering me!

House of Cards.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1856010/

Quote:Majority House Whip Francis Underwood takes you on a long journey as he exacts his vengeance on those he feels wronged him - that is, his own cabinet members including the President of the United States himself. Dashing, cunning, methodical and vicious, Frank Underwood along with his equally manipulative yet ambiguous wife, Claire take Washington by storm through climbing the hierarchical ladder to power in this Americanized recreation of the BBC series of the same name.

I've purposely avoided this as I thought it looked ... well ... boring.
Now its finished season 3 I decided to give in and take a look as the reviews are very good.
I was wrong. Very wrong.
It's excellent.
Spacey is brilliant as Underwood. The southern accent is so charming - but the man himself is brutal and has to be in control. Fantastic character and so well written. Tbh it's a great cast. Many faces you will recognise. Quality writing and acting. Def worth watching. I've hammered it and am E5 Series 2 already. Need to slow down as many series are hitting end of series finales so I need to keep a few running a bit longer! Smile
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Game of Thrones Series 5 back tonight.

For those in the know (nudge nudge) the first four episodes have been leaked so are available if you know where to look.

I've watched the first two (then had to go to bed due to work ... boo) and both are re-introducing us to the characters and positioning them to move the plot forward quickly once the introductions are over. Will try and get to see the other two this week if I get chance. Solid start to the series, if a little muted (for GOT) with only one beheading! Wink

Oh, and I smashed House of Cards whilst I was off. Watched all three seasons. Thought the third got caught up in the Politics and immediate relationship with Francis/ Claire a little too much. Almost finite detail at times, but appreciate it was the groundwork in order to set season 4 up. Can't fault the acting though. Absolute quality - and both Spacey (Francis Underwood) and Wright (Claire Underwood) characters are fantastic. Utterly brutal. You don't even need to scratch the surface to see that. Brilliantly written and acted.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Allegiance

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3581654/

A rookie CIA analyst doesn't know that members of his family are part of a Russian sleeper cell.

A decent watch with a few twists and turns along the way, good storyline and intelligent plot.
Peter Kay Car Share

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02n62v4

Simple comedy. Understated, a bit silly, bighearted. Just sit back and enjoy it. It won't offend and will at some point make you laugh. John (Peter Kay) and Kayleigh (Sian Gibson) enrol in the company car scheme. John drives and the comedy is them in the car on the way to work and the way home. Very simple and it works - particularly as you warm to both characters from the off.
Episode 5 airing this week, but you can catch up on Iplayer. Def worth a watch. Cool
Heads up that Hannibal Series 3 is back on.

Parks And Recreation.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1266020/

Quote:The absurd antics of an Indiana town's public officials as they pursue sundry projects to make their city a better place.

I started this after being told it was very good by a few people. Must admit the characters have really grown on me and it's gone from strength to strength. I'm upto series four (of seven) and it's very easy to watch and very funny. Well worth a look. 8/10
The Killing.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1637727/

This is a cracking watch found it purely by chance, there are 4 series. The forth iscut a bit short I think as with most American series if audience ratings drop they just cut it. Which is a shame I think it had the potential for more.imdb gave it 8.2 well deserved.

Based in part on a popular Danish TV series, `The Killing' is a moody, character-driven detective procedural that weaves a murder mystery through a full season or more. The stories unfold through the eyes of Sarah Linden, a dedicated detective with the Seattle Police Department who at first is assigned to mentor Detective Stephen Holder, formerly of the narcotics division. While their varied, pockmarked backgrounds produce two distinct investigative styles that at times clash - she's by-the-book, he's freewheeling - the partners manage to pull together in the name of justice, even after Linden makes a decision that changes both of their lives.

Those who kill

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2188931/

Another good one first series aired last year, a female homicide cop with a past of her own joins forces with a criminal psychologist. It's gritty and well written think Will Graham meets Columbo with PMS. Imdb gives it 7.2 I'd go 8 its a bit of a slow boiler but then it really gets going.

Being a detective in the Pittsburgh Police Department is more than a job for Catherine Jensen -- it's her life's mission, driven as she is by the disappearance of her brother and the suspicion that her stepfather is a serial killer. Recently appointed to homicide division, Jensen takes on the job and gives no quarter in her unrelenting pursuit of Pittsburgh's most violent murderers. She'll do whatever it takes to apprehend perpetrators, even if it means overstepping department protocol. Her dedication, however, has a downside, as she often develops an emotional connection to the victims. Forensic psychologist Thomas Schaeffer does as well but in a different way. He teams with Jensen to provide insight into her cases, and the skewed sense of judgment they share becomes both a saving grace and a disruptive, dangerous force. "Those Who Kill" is based on the Danish crime series format inspired by the best-selling work of author Elsebeth Egholm.
Nice heads up on 'Those who Kill'. Looks good that. I'll 'favourite' it in Kodi.

The Killing (US) is mint. Great series. Love Joel Kinnamans depiction of 'Holder'. I haven't got the attention span or the will to watch the original Danish subtitled variants which I believe are very good, but I thorouhgly enjoyed this remake and ...

Another good US Remake is 'The Bridge'.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2406376/

Quote:Marco Ruiz is a homicide investigator for the state of Chihuahua, Mexico living in Ciudad Juárez. A family man, Marco is one of the last good men in a corrupt and apathetic police force that is out-gunned by the powerful drug cartels. He's sharp, charming, and observant and painfully aware that his city is in a state of chaos. When a body is dumped on the bridge that spans the El Paso-Ciudad Juárez border, Ruiz is forced to work with his American counterpart, "Detective Sonya Cross."
Yeah i've watched the bridge its very good, theres an english version called the tunnel on sky box sets not as good though.
Rogue

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2397255/

Grace, a morally and emotionally-conflicted undercover detective, is tormented by the possibility that her own actions contributed to her son's mysterious death. In her quest for the truth, Grace finds herself striking out on her own and falling deeper into the city's most powerful and dangerous crime family. As Grace struggles to become the wife and mother her family now needs, her life is further complicated by a forbidden relationship with crime boss Jimmy Laszlo. In order to stay alive, Grace needs to help Jimmy find the traitor in his midst, while knowing he may have played a part in her tragedy.

Just finished series 2 starting series 3, worth a watch if only for seeing Thandie Newton in the buff. Grace (Newton) is an undercover cop whose son gets killed in a supposed mistaken drive by she then uncovers a deep web of corruption within the police force and crime boss. Imdb gives it 6.8 I'd give it 7.5 for the storyline and 10 for naked lady shots.