Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TV Series Worth Watching.
Series 5 had a mid season break and when it returned sort of became series 6 as I recall.
It's all quiet on the TV series at the moment. Some on mid season breaks. Some (Eg Homeland) now concluded again. Others finished for good.

Did blast through this one:

Gang Related.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2719784/

Quote:Every villain has a noble cause, and every hero has a dark side. In the gritty new action-drama GANG RELATED, Detective RYAN LOPEZ is a rising star in Los Angeles' elite Gang Task Force. What the world doesn't know is that long before Ryan became a cop, he pledged allegiance to a different band of brothers - a powerful Latino gang called Los Angelicos. When Ryan's best friend and police partner is senselessly killed by a notorious gang member, Ryan teams up with longtime Task Force member CASSIUS GREEN, who has been at the forefront of the city's war on organized crime. In this war between law enforcement and gangs, the series explores how only people who really know the streets can win the battle on the streets. Despite his profession, Ryan is still beholden to the gang's leader, JAVIER ACOSTA, the father figure Ryan has tried to make proud his entire life and the man who masterminded his entry into the police force. It's a secret that has been held for a decade by Ryan, Javier and Javier's sons: cold-blooded gang lieutenant CARLOS; and Ryan's childhood best friend, straight-laced investment banker DANIEL. But Ryan is starting to realize that he is even more dedicated to being a cop than he is to Los Angelicos. He is respected by his team, including TAE KIM, VERONICA "VEE" DOTSEN and Task Force leader SAM CHAPEL, Ryan's other surrogate father figure, whose estranged daughter, JESSICA Hill, is the city's Assistant District Attorney. Ryan's education comes from the streets, and that schooling will work to his advantage, as he, Cassius and the rest of the police unit take aim at the city's most dangerous gangs. While balancing two allegiances, two father figures and two families, Ryan's increasing sense of loyalty to one will help him finally determine which side of the law he is really on.

It's only the one series as it didn't get renewed for a second.
It's worth a watch anyway. Plenty of actors you will recognise from other series so solid acting. Storyline and plot works quite well and despite not being renewed the first series does reach a conclusion/ending so there is no cliff hanger (fotunately).
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Have we mentioned 'Gotham' yet? I think it re-starts in US tonight after mid season break.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3749900/

Quote:In crime ridden Gotham City, Thomas and Martha Wayne are murdered before young Bruce Wayne's eyes. Although the idealistic Gotham City Police Dept. detective James Gordon, and his cynical partner, Harvey Bullock, seem to solve the case quickly, things are not so simple. Inspired by Bruce's traumatized desire for justice, Gordon vows to find it amid Gotham's corruption. Thus begins Gordon's lonely quest that would set him against his own comrades and the underworld with their own deadly rivalries and mysteries. In the coming wars, innocence will be lost and compromises will be made as some criminals will fall as casualties while others will rise as supervillains. All the while, young Bruce observes this war with a growing obsession that would one day drive him to seek his own revenge as The Batman.

I was mithered by my young lad Samee (11 yrs) to watch this. I was sceptical, but in truth it's very good. You are introduced to a young Jim Gordon and many of the future villains (Penguin, Poison Ivy etc etc) alongside present 'baddies' like Falcone and some new to the public ones for this earlier era. It's dark, but not as dark as the Bale trilogy. In a nutshell if you have liked any of the Batman films (and particularly the recent ones) you will enjoy this series.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Banshee is back and is back with a bang, still plenty of sex and violence. Looks like the start of a good storyline so I await the next episode.
(01-13-2015, 11:47 AM)croweman Wrote: Banshee is back and is back with a bang, still plenty of sex and violence. Looks like the start of a good storyline so I await the next episode.

Ha ha. Smile Great minds. I watched the first episode of series 3 through Showbox last night so had popped on here to post the same heads up. Cool
Oh, and if my local cafe had two waitresses like that one last night - I'd be in there every day! Tongue
The waitresses are nice but the rest of the town is crackers.
Black Sails series 2 Episode one is now up in the usual places. (Showbox, torrents etc.)
Watched it last night and it sets off where series 1 left us. Some new characters introduced straight away and (what I thought) was a very good episode. Well worth a watch. Smile
Quick update ....

The Americans Series 3 has just started again. First episode is ok and gets it all back on track.

Banshee Series 3 is just crazy. It's adrenalin fuelled madness. Quite gruesome fight scenes in the last ep. and it's now taken a significant plot change which will be interesting to see play out.

Black Sails Series 2 - Episode 2 is (one specific part) shocking. It's deliberately much more gruesome than anything that has happened before and heralds the start of what has to be a big plot line in this series. I'm gripped by it. Excellent stuff.

Oh, and The Blacklist Season 2 is back from its mid season break. Episode 9 now out. About bloody time! Wink
Heads up ...

The Walking Dead is back after it's mid season break.

Also, Better Call Saul (spin off series form Breaking Bad) is now airing on Netflix (and the usual sources) ...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3032476/

Quote:The trials and tribulations of criminal lawyer, Saul Goodman, in the time leading up to establishing his strip-mall law office in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

9.7 / 10 on IMDb. Thats impressive!

Haven't seen the first episode yet, but will soon remedy that. Been looking forward to this as 'Saul' in BB was a fantastic character both in the way he was written and acted.
Heads up for Series 3 of 'The Following'. UK now 3 episodes in. Not watched any yet as I've not had time, but will play catch up soon.

Another new one worth a look:

Bosch

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3502248/

Quote:An LAPD homicide detective works to solve the murder of a 13-year-old boy while standing trial in federal court for the murder of a serial killer.

The description ^^ is lacking a lot!
Senior Detective (Bosch played well by Titus Welliver), mutual dislike of his Captain. He is very intuitive and will bend the rules (for the right reasons) faces a court case for wrongful shooting. That is just a small subplot from the main one involving remains of a child found, a serial killer who is played expertly by Jason Gedrick whoc enjoys playing 'cat and mouse' with Bosch. Lots of Politics in higher levels of the Police and DA which impact on the storyline positively.
Loads of faces you will recognise from 'The Wire, 24, Fringe, Touch etc etc) - so a very good cast. It's written well too as there is plenty going on and characters are involving.