Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TV Series Worth Watching.
(10-13-2018, 08:37 PM)jollyjoiner Wrote: Killing Eve
It was on BBC and is on Iplayer, well worth a watch. It's about a woman assassin and she is brill.

Nice one. 
Thats one I've held back along with Bodyguard (both BBC Iplayer) as I wait until they have finished - or are well on their way - to see if they are worthwhile.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Just watch this. 

Seriously. 

Just. Watch. This. 

GODLESS

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5516154/

Notorious criminal Frank Griffin and his gang of outlaws are on a mission -- get revenge on Roy Goode, a former protege who betrayed the brotherhood. On the run, Roy seeks refuge in isolated mining town La Belle, N.M., where he lives with Alice Fletcher, a hardened widower and outcast. When word reaches La Belle, which is governed mainly by women, that Griffin is headed there, the residents of the town band together to defend against his murderous gang.

Utterly brilliant in pretty much every respect. Its on Netflix. 7 episodes. 
The writing, acting and cinematography are amazing. 

Best thing I have watched this year.  Cool
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
(10-21-2018, 08:24 PM)Kingy Wrote: Just watch this. 

Seriously. 

Just. Watch. This. 

GODLESS

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5516154/

Notorious criminal Frank Griffin and his gang of outlaws are on a mission -- get revenge on Roy Goode, a former protege who betrayed the brotherhood. On the run, Roy seeks refuge in isolated mining town La Belle, N.M., where he lives with Alice Fletcher, a hardened widower and outcast. When word reaches La Belle, which is governed mainly by women, that Griffin is headed there, the residents of the town band together to defend against his murderous gang.

Utterly brilliant in pretty much every respect. Its on Netflix. 7 episodes. 
The writing, acting and cinematography are amazing. 

Best thing I have watched this year.  Cool

I'll have to make a note of that one, cheers
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
No. I told you to watch it, not take notes you feckin muppet!!
Smile
(10-25-2018, 06:42 PM)Kingy Wrote: No. I told you to watch it, not take notes you feckin muppet!!

Cock Tongue
Hell On Wheels.

Downloaded it onto my tablet to watch on the flight as we were roughing it with Jet2. Got through the first series (just about) on the flight there and back and will carry on watching it. Def worth a look.
Hell on Wheels, another one i best make a note of Wink
I've done the full 5 series now. It's very good. Goes off track a bit (pardon the pun) S4 and S5 but still a good watch. Enjoy the villanous Swedw and the ultra corrupt Thomas Durant. They are both excellent foils to Bohannon. Some very strong female characters too. A couple reminded me of Deadwood which was a hell of a series.
I really can't be bodged to watch something the has so many series. 1 or 2 we can just about manage but any more than that just take up too much time.

We've just watched Tin Star which was good if not a tad hard to follow.
We are now on The Five which is also good and a British drama.
Also we watch the film Bird Box on netfix , a strange but good film.