Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TV Series Worth Watching.
Line of Duty. 

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2303687/

Quote:Detective Sergeant Steve Arnott is transferred to AC-12, an anti-corruption unit, after a mistaken shooting during a counter-terrorist operation. Alongside Detective Constable Kate Fleming ,they are assigned to lead an investigation into the alleged corruption by a popular and successful officer, Detective Chief Inspector Tony Gates. While Gates cleverly manipulates his unit's figures, DS Arnott questions whether Gates is being made a scapegoat for a culture of institutionalized spin, or is guilty of darker corruption.

This is one of the best series I've watched in a long long time. You NEED to watch it in order. I know series 4 has just been on the TV and had rave reviews, but there are numerous parts of the the plots which start in series 1 and this runs right through. If you have watched series 4 - then start at 1 fast! You will want to watch series 4 again as you will realise how much difference it makes with the additional information. 

I reckon the last few episodes of series 3 and particularly the finale are some of the best TV I've watched in a long time. Hard to believe I've missed this gem for years. What idiot bigs up Doctor Fecking Who since that boring, grumpy pensioner that's killed ratings has been in the lead - Yet fails to mention this is THE BEST British series of the last decade. 

So many twists, turns, red herrings, scapegoats, WTF moments, characters that make your skin crawl ... Just watch it. You won't be disappointed.  Cool
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
As you Know I've watched series 4 and I'm now on series 1 and can confirm your findings Smile
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
American Gods. 

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1898069/

Quote:Shadow is a man with a past. But now he wants nothing more than to live a quiet life with his wife and stay out of trouble. Until he learns that she's been killed in a terrible accident. Flying home for the funeral, as a violent storm rocks the plane, he is greeted by a strange man in the seat next to him. The man calls himself Mr. Wednesday, and he knows more about Shadow than is possible. He warns Shadow that a far bigger storm is coming. And from that moment on, nothing will ever be the same.

Have watched the first three episodes. It's obviously had a lot of money spent on it. Very sylish, great cast - incredibly 'smooth' and 'slick', but thus far I haven't got a fecking clue what's going on! This will either give me a eureka moment as they lift the 'plot veil' or it will continue as is and be a great steaming pile of very pretty crap.  Tongue I'm hoping it all clicks into place as the last scene of episode three was very significant (I think). I'll keep watching and hope it lives up to their claims (they mention GOT in the same breath!), but so far I'm just more bewildered than impressed.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Heads up - House Of Cards Series 5 is out in full through Netflix or any of your favourite sources Smile
House of Cards Series 5 is well worth watching but it wasn't as good as the previous series. They will have to be careful with series 6 (assuming it's made) or it will lose it's way. Series 5 had some very dubious actions from major characters for the good of moving the plot/subplots forward. 

Heads up on series 3 of 'Fear the Walking Dead'. It started in USA last night so will be in UK today. I'll watch it, but am still rooting for the zombies. I've never watched a series before where I'm third series in and I have no connection with the characters other than wishing to see them wiped out by the zombies because they are so poorly written. 

New series that's just a bit of a giggle. On Iplayer if you want to binge. I've watched a couple. It's crass, language is at times terrible, funny here and there with a great 80's soundtrack. 30 min episodes so just a fun way to lose half an hour ...

White Gold. 

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6010920/

Quote:The story of a double-glazing showroom in Essex in 1983, led by charismatic salesman Vincent who is smart, handsome and cocksure, He will happily break the rules if it guarantees a sale.

It's Joe Thomas and James Buckley from the Inbetweeners - so that gives you an idea of what type of comedy to expect.
We've started to watch White Gold and it's quite funny Wink
Fear the Walking Dead opened series three with a double episode ... and a pretty dramatic and very unexpected plot twist. Hard to say anymore without spoiling it so even though I think I'm the only one watching it I'll keep schtum.
Update on Fear the Walking Dead.

For the first time they have had four strong opening episodes. Well written, shaking things to the core and lots of promise for the season. I'd still like to see Nick get eaten by a Zombie - but even he has a character arc developing which might just change that. It's like chalk and cheese towards the first two series which took a lot of effort to get through. Long may it last.
The Killing

We found it on Netflixs.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1637727/

We have just watched season 2. Not bad if you don't have anything else to watch
Fargo

Last night we started to watch the new Fargo.

With Ewan Mcgregor play the parts of two people.

Just as good as the other series's and well worth watching