Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TV Series Worth Watching.
(03-27-2017, 10:55 AM)Kingy Wrote: Fortitude.

OMFG.

It's just made Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead and any other so called dark / brutal series look like The Magic Roundabout.

Shocking.

The people who complained to regulators about Negan smashing heads on the walking dead will shit a brick if they watch that latest episode (last weeks).

Is it that good then ?
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
(03-27-2017, 07:53 PM)jollyjoiner Wrote: Is it that good then ?

Series 2 is a country mile better than series one. 

But in this instance my reference was to the shock element. I was still saying "WTF just happened" the day after watching last weeks episode. Infact - I've just said it again! Certainly not an episode for the faint-hearted. It's just two scenes in the whole episode but by buggery are they realistic, dark and very very brutal. 

... Can't wait for the next episode!  Wink
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Heads up for Series 3 of Bosch which starts on 21st April. First two series well worth watching if you haven't already.

Jumped on a new one over weekend. Only 8 episodes (still two to come this week and next). Nice and quirky where you don't feel you can trust anybody and you know there are penty of plot twists. Enjoying it so far. Good cast too. 

Bellevue

Quote:Thrilling and eerie, Bellevue is a mystery set in a small blue-collar town with a lot of 'good people' who 'live right' and take it upon themselves to make sure the neighbours do too. Driving the series is Detective Annie Ryder (Anna Paquin), a cop whose intense and brazen personality has always been at odds with her hometown. When a transgender teen goes missing, Annie dives in to unravel the disappearance that suggests foul play, despite finding herself in a difficult position as she must cast suspicion on people she has known all her life. As the case pulls her further away from her family, she is also confronted by a mysterious person from her past with disturbing answers and a terrifying need to get inside her head.

If you watched True Blood you will know the female lead (Anna Paquin). She plays a character who is clearly not in full control of her marbles compared to your average 'normal' person, which gives her an edge for the kind of dark investigation this develops into. She also comes across as mad as a box of frogs at times which adds to the character. She is a good choice as female lead. I'm looking forward to the inevitable twists that haven't yet been revealed.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Smashed through S3 of Bosch over last week. (Week off work for Easter shutdown). Had an exercise program to try and get shut of my sciatica which reared it's ugly head the week before. It appears to have worked (I'm nearly sorted now ... I think). Anyway, as I needed to rest as part of that I battered Bosch. It's worth watching. 

Heads up for series 3 of Fargo too. That's just started and is off to it's very quirky, slow paced then smash you in the face style of the other two series.
Well we've smashed S2 of Fortitude and still none the wiser what it's about hahahaha, it's proper messed up but good.

Didn't know there was a S3 of Fargo, I'll have to find it and get it recorded.
Fortitude just went bananas in the last three episodes of S2 didn't it. A bit too dark for me as the shock factor alone (of knowing something was happening and then being told) would have been enough without the very graphic detail in a few of scenes. Shame they went for the ambiguous ending too. Perhaps they don't have S3 budget nailed on and have left it so it could be continued ... or could be left.

The official line on Fortitude S3 so far is ... "No official word yet as to whether Sky Atlantic will return to the cursed town of Fortitude after season two – but the signs are promising for fans of the Arctic chiller…Sky Atlantic's Arctic chiller Fortitude could be back for a third run, with series creator Simon Donald said to be considering "new and intriguing storylines" for the eponymous Norwegian town ...Fans shouldn't hold their breath, though. If Sky does decide to recommission Fortitude, there's likely to be something of a wait – there was a gap of two years between the first and second series."

Fargo has only just started S3. First episode arrived on Kodi last week. Think I saw an advert for it on 'proper' Sky at weekend.
Arr I see, I'll have to find Fargo on Kodi if we want to start and watch it now or just wait until it's out on Sky, it's not as though we are struggling to find things to watch.

We are just about to start and watch the latest series of Line of Duty, not watched any of the others but thought we may as well see what all the fuss is about Smile
(04-25-2017, 07:18 PM)jollyjoiner Wrote: Arr I see, I'll have to find Fargo on Kodi if we want to start and watch it now or just wait until it's out on Sky, it's not as though we are struggling to find things to watch.

We are just about to start and watch the latest series of Line of Duty, not watched any of the others but thought we may as well see what all the fuss is about Smile

I'm watching Fargo through Kodi (Exodus addon). It will be readily available on most good tv addons. 
There is also the film (called Fargo) which spawned the first series. I'd watch the first series and then the film (having seen both) as whilst they are very different watching the film first would give away some big plot elements of the series - and you need to invest a lot more time in the series. 

I'm upto speed on Line of Duty. I've only watched this third (I think) series with Thandie Newton (me likey) as the female lead. It finishes on Sunday. It's been very good and well worth watching. I'll now watch the proceeding series to see if they are good too.
We have already seen previous series of Fargo so we are up to speed with it, but not watched the film.

We watched the first two episodes of the latest Line of Duty and it is quite gripping. I also know why you like Thandie Newton if you've watched West World Smile lol
(04-26-2017, 05:49 PM)jollyjoiner Wrote: We have already seen previous series of Fargo so we are up to speed with it, but not watched the film.

We watched the first two episodes of the latest Line of Duty and it is quite gripping. I also know why you like Thandie Newton if you've watched West World Smile lol

Fargo (film) is worth watching then. It's what the first series was (loosely) based around so won't spoil anything for you now. 

Yes, I remember Ms Newton very well from West World. ( Cool Big Grin Heart). She was in one of the earlier Mission Impossible Films (MI2) and RocknRolla, among other films,  which I enjoyed mainly because of her involvement.