Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TV Series Worth Watching.
Also:

Fortitude Series 2. The first episode shows really good promise. Should be good.

Vikings Series 4 Part 2. Love this series. VERY interested to see which way it goes with the sons. Brilliant. 

The Blacklist is also back. Thankfully it's reverted back to a more traditional episode plot and is a good watch again. 

Baskets. Series 2 has started well. I got bored with series 1, but its only short episodes so stuck with it. The first two of series two are much more enjoyable. It's 'quaint' fun rather than hilarious.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
We watched Fortitude and I'm sure we will be giving Series 2 a go too

Not watched any of the others though
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
Just finished series one of Frequency, a show about a cop that is able to talk to her dead dad via ham radio 20 years in the past and they work together to solve her mothers murder (before it happens). Really good for thinking of the impact on time changing when things happen and the overall plot wasn't too bad, though a little drawn out (could have easily had an episode or so less IMO). Not sure on whether there will be a series 2 but will give it a watch if there is.
Nice one Fraser. I've got Frequency in my Trakt. favourites but not yet given it a go. Will have a watch when I get chance. Smile
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Black Sails. Series 4 Episode 3. 

Wow. 

Just. 

Wow. 

It finishes this series and by feck are they running a hell of a story line. There is so much happening in every episode with major characters that it's hard to see how they can ramp it up anymore. But there are 10 episodes so they will. Brutal (at times) but always Brilliant viewing.  Cool
Billions series 2 just started, best series of last year for me.
PS I hate Deadpool!
(02-22-2017, 08:35 PM)speedylovesDeadpool Wrote: Billions series 2 just started, best series of last year for me.

I've been waiting for that too. I REALLY enjoyed series one. Not my favourite of 2016 as I think Paul Giamatti is not the best foil to a strong Damian Lewis. (I never believed Giamatti was the tough man they tried to portray him as when the series got to the sharp end). I also don't believe Giamattis character would be married to a woman like Maggie Siff's despite him being a rich, affluent chap. (And Siff's acting grates me since she hammed her way through Sons of Anarchy but that's another story). 

All that said - It's a very good/strong series and given the groundwork laid in series one I'm keeping fingers crossed that series 2 sees Giamattis' character develop into something more real and believable.  For all of Lewis screen posturing and vacant looks - this role suits him really well and I could watch it just to see his character arc. 

And as you mention best series of last year I had a think on the ones I watch. Ignoring the big hitters which are a few seasons in I think the best new series I watched was Berlin Station (renewed for a second series which I eagerly await) with a cap doffed to both Designated Survivor and Preacher. 

Off on a tangent, but best character in a series for last year (and into this year with series 4) is an easy one. Toby Stephens for Captain Flint in Black Sails. Fantastic actor with a part that is casting perfection. The characters backstory (only revealed in series 3) brings everything together for a huge WTF moment and with series 4 being the final season regardless - you simply can't guess which way the plot will go and who will be killed off. It's (belatedly as its season 4) comparable with Game of Thrones in the brutal way key characters are being dispatched. Whilst all this is happening Flint is an absolute constant. (Well, for now anyway!).   

(02-22-2017, 08:36 PM)speedylovesDeadpool Wrote: PS I hate Deadpool!

Odd choice of username then mate  Wink Tongue
Cardinal.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5583512/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Quote:Cardinal is a Canadian crime drama television series, currently in production for a scheduled debut on CTV in the 2016-17. An adaptation of Giles Blunt's award-winning mystery novel Forty Words for Sorrow, the series stars Billy Campbell as John Cardinal and Karine Vanasse as Lise Delorme, detectives investigating the murder of a young girl.

This is a 'mini series' so just six episodes. Makes it very easy to watch and it's very good so worth watching. 

The male lead (Billy Campbell playing John Cardinal) was in 'The Killing' (US remake based in Seattle). That is well worth a watch too, but this is very similar to the original Danish series' that spawned the US remakes. Very good scripts, strong cast etc. Dark, moody in very harsh environments to set a scene which is often brutal (both in nature and in script). 

Watch this, and if you get a taste then watch The Killing and The Bridge. All brilliant.
Fortitude.

OMFG.

It's just made Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead and any other so called dark / brutal series look like The Magic Roundabout.

Shocking.

The people who complained to regulators about Negan smashing heads on the walking dead will shit a brick if they watch that latest episode (last weeks).