Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TV Series Worth Watching.
(10-10-2016, 05:22 PM)Kingy Wrote: I watched that first time around (bit of Keifer luuurv again Wink  )

In a total coincidence, I also watched episode one of Designated Survivor last night - guess who the lead actor is in that? Tongue

From one episode of Designated Survivor (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5296406/) it seems ok, though it does have a typical "America is burning, America will stay strong" vibe but that's just America all over. Bit more dramay than House of Cards and polar ends of the spectrum (House of Cards wants to be President, Designated Survivor is forced to be) so it'll interesting to see how that plays out. Will update when have seen some more episodes but, as with Touch, if you already have Netflix and just looking for something to watch for 45 mins, it's worth giving the pilot a watch and see for yourself if you like it.
Yep. Look up ^^ to post #138.  Big Grin

Ep. 4 is out this week and it's 'bobbing along' nicely with characters and subplots developing. As you say it is a bit "USA USA USA" at times, but they just can't help themselves with that.  Rolleyes 
I like your comparison with House of Cards. I really got into that. Frank (HoC) was an utterley rutheless sociopath who craved power at all costs, whereas Tom (DS) is a compassionate pussycat that desperately needs to toughen up and learn fast or he will be churned up and spat out. I like MaggieQ too. She is def on the 'would' list.  Wink Big Grin

[Image: 2e49b2d3eb079b2b2741771860219132.jpg]
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Berlin Station

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5191110/

Quote:Follows Daniel Miller (Richard Armitage), who has just arrived at the CIA foreign station in Berlin, Germany. Miller has a clandestine mission: to uncover the source of a leak who has supplied information to a now-famous whistleblower named Thomas Shaw. Guided by veteran Hector DeJean (Rhys Ifans), Daniel learns to contend with the rough-and-tumble world of the field agent: agent-running, deception, and the dangers and moral compromises.

This only started in October. I'd added it to my 'Trakt' list of series I may watch. After our boys jolly in Berlin I decided to give it a go. I'm glad I did. Not only have I been pointing at the screen when I see places we visited, but it's developing nicely into a really good series. Some great smoke and mirrors where nobody can really trust anyone. It keeps you on the edge a lot. There was a fantastic reveal in episode 5. I won't spoil it - but even though I'd watched each episode closely I didn't see it coming. And episode 6 has fired the series into life. 
I read it's already been commissioned for a second series which bodes well. So far so good from me - and def a series worth watching. Think along the lines of Homeland, but with better script/ actors and without that whining pain in the arse Carrie Mathison!
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Well..... TWD started brilliantly but what is with this character la de dar nonsense. Really had high expectations after the first episode but this season really is a very slow burner, is t going to be a grand crescendo???
(12-09-2016, 10:55 PM)croweman Wrote: Well..... TWD started brilliantly but what is with this character la de dar nonsense. Really had high expectations after the first episode but this season really is a very slow burner, is t going to be a grand crescendo???

Bloody hope so. 

As you say, I think they are taking their time with Nagan and the main characters that will become big cogs in his story arc. I can't believe it won't spring back into action for the finale though. Otherwise it will go out with a whimper. 

Oh, and good to see you post again Martin. Hope you are well/ok mate.  Cool
Oh, and good to see you post again Martin. Hope you are well/ok mate.

Hopefully get on more now mate had a few things going on, seem to be getting on an even keel now.
Watched all 10 episodes of Westworld in two sittings last week

Full of blood, shooting and naked ladies Smile

Gets my vote Smile
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
(12-13-2016, 07:02 PM)Jollyjoiner Wrote: Watched all 10 episodes of Westworld in two sittings last week

Full of blood, shooting and naked ladies Smile

Gets my vote Smile

Ha ha. Wasn't bad was it. 

If you enjoyed that there are a couple of others worth trying if you haven't already watched them. 

Humans. Its just showing series 2. It's on C4 but all on Kodi anyway. It's similar to Westworld, but 'they' are amongst us. It's developed quite well, particularly series 2. 

Game of Thrones. If you can accept the premise of Westworld (anything can happen) - and like nekkid ladies and fighting GoT has it all. Be warned though you WILL get hooked. It's excellent.
Yeah a few people say GoT is a good watch.

Not seen Humans so I might give that one ago

Cheers dude
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
Heads up ...

Homeland Series 6 is on. I've watched the first 3 episodes and it's good so far. Worth a look.

Black Sails Series 4 (I think) is back. Watched the first episode this week and it's bloody great.