Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Days!
Hello All, Its been a while.... Got some great memories of trackdays with TM back in the day and met some great friends. Was a great few years of my life.Smile

No longer own any bikes with engines but a few with out, my interests have moved on a bit. When time allows i'm into running, cycling, marathons, triathlon.

My next big challenge is i've entered Ironman Lanzarote next May.
Welcome back mate. Smile

I think you have pretty much summed up the ethos behind the forum re-launch in that post! Cool

What kind of training do you do for the Ironman. Sounds fantastic going over to Lanzarote, but I bet it will be a very tough event.
You making a short holiday of it or is it just there and back for the event?
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Welcome back Steveo
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
Steveo Steveo Steveoooooooo welcome back buddy :-)
[Image: 429106_10150572149937980_1602159129_n.jp...c4299546f0]
(10-20-2014, 09:08 AM)Kingy Wrote: What kind of training do you do for the Ironman. Sounds fantastic going over to Lanzarote, but I bet it will be a very tough event.
You making a short holiday of it or is it just there and back for the event?

I trained for the distance back in 2012 when I did Outlaw in Nottingham. In the 6 months leading up to the event I swam 55 miles Biked 1200 miles and ran 550 miles. I averaged 8 hrs training per week. Did a good old race report if your interested?

Since then things have calmed down a bit and I don't have as much time with the little ones so had a couple of quiet years. But after another busy year living in the caravan and moving house I got sign off from the wife for the big one next year :-)
(10-21-2014, 12:44 PM)Steveo Wrote: I trained for the distance back in 2012 when I did Outlaw in Nottingham. In the 6 months leading up to the event I swam 55 miles Biked 1200 miles and ran 550 miles. I averaged 8 hrs training per week. Did a good old race report if your interested?

Thats some training mate. Not looked what I average per week (on strava) but its not 8 hours and I fit it around work as a commute otherwise I'd really struggle. Hats off to you for that dedication.
Oh, and yes please on the race report if you can post a copy up. That would be brilliant. Cool

(10-21-2014, 12:44 PM)Steveo Wrote: Since then things have calmed down a bit and I don't have as much time with the little ones so had a couple of quiet years. But after another busy year living in the caravan and moving house I got sign off from the wife for the big one next year :-)

Nice one. Know what you mean about time with having kids. It's getting a bit easier for me now as ours are older (11 and 13), but we still up arranging our lives around ferrying them about! Big Grin
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007