Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread for ... The Walking Dead Series 5. *Spoilers*
Thread for The Walking Dead Series 5.

If you want to avoid *plot spoilers* then be careful when you read the thread.

Where possible we will use ^^ the white font to hide spoilers if we have watched the series in US time (which is a day ahead of UK). Given the general IQ's and giddiness on here (mine included) that will probably be forgotten - so you have been warned! Wink

We can have other threads for other series, so please add one if you watch a series currently showing.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Very impressed with the first episode of series 5. Don't expect they can maintain that pace of plot throughout, but they have brought it back with a bang, maybe got a new potential enemy and introduced a returning character who we know from the past is a bit unhinged. Cool

Oh, and its already been renewed for season 6.

White (Spoiler) .... I say white, but if you choose colour its the off white one third from the right bottom row. Smile

Thought the battle at the Terminus was very good. Like the way we saw their 'leader' Gareth fall under fire form Rick but didn't see how badly injured he was. Reckon he could be a Govenor 'esque' baddy this season, or certainly at some point.
Also like the way Carol became the Terminator, saving everybody which brings her back into the fold and the cameo from Morgan at the end - the third time we've seen him in the series.
We now know with the surviving Terminus crew, whoever initially imprisoned them and left, plus others they meet ... it should be an interesting season. Just hope they keep the quality of the first episode and don't lapse into another three or four filler/builder episodes as they have in the past.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Mid season finale next week and the sh*t just got real! Wink
Has been a good season so far. Some filler episodes, but plenty of action, plus Rick with every kill just one step away from going over the edge.

Yes, I know I'm talking to myself on this thread, but what the hell. Smile
Sorry Kingy I did try to join in but couldn't get the font to work and didn't want to post it and then spoil it for everyone.

Great series though much better than the last series, that went a bit limp. Cant wait to see what the mid season finale brings and is Rick losing the plot.
No worries mate. I talk to myself a lot when I'm training so it's quite normal! Wink

If you want to use 'hidden text' just quote my post with it in and then alter the words to what you want.
[/color]Well after a really energetic build up the mid season finale was a little bit anti climatic. Rick seems to have become a bit ferral, the hunt for beth turned out to be a wasted journey as the silly cow got herself shot in the head during the rescue mission?

We are still yet to see where the hooded fella from early in the series will come into play, he was in an earlier series and was losing the plot in that.
Agree mate.

Also interested to see where Morgan (hooded fella) fits in. He's already featured twice. Once early on playing sniper with his son from a house, then later in the series acting pretty deranged.
Like you I felt let down with the second half of this episode. It was too 'set up'. Narrow corridor, silly demand once exchange made. It felt like it was written just to cause a death, rather than following the way the storyline would have done playing out normally. Shame as up until then I thought it kept the story arc going well.

Rick showing more 'zero toleance' in killing the cop, then a headshot and "Shut Up". Since letting the Termites live he is on a mission to kill anyone and everyone who could possibly return to hurt them.

Also liked the Priest escaping. I thought it was him running away, but he wanted proof that the Termites didn't deserve to die brutally at the hands of Rick & Co. When he found Bobs foot and the bible (a bible bashing cannibal) the penny dropped that despite how it had looked Rick & Co. were fighting to survive, not to kill and he had misjudged them.

It just went tits up for me when they sorted the exchange. Even though they made the head shot clearly a knee jerk reaction to being stabbed it was just too fake a situation to have allowed themselves to be put into. Rick would never have done that given the choice (which he had). It would have been in a more like the original meeting where he was backed up with two snipers. It felt like a death just to try and tug on the heart strings.
Gla0
d you reminded me of Morgans name, is he going to get some retribution for Rick stealing his weapons? He was looking pretty unstable and I was surprised when I saw him at the beginning of this series. I actually thought they'd left him to top himself.

Agree with you on the corridor scene after the build up the meeting with sniper cover, and then to simply walk in with all of them behind him was a bit of a joke and let the rest of the series down as it had really started well.

Lets hope the next half of the season picks it up a bit because I was really disappointed, they took ages to build up the scene and then took 5 minutes to stop it dead.