Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Films worth a watch.
Free Fire

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4158096/

Quote:Set in Boston in 1978, a meeting in a deserted warehouse between two gangs turns into a shootout and a game of survival.

Was looking forward to this as the cast list is great and the preview made it look like a clever, witty dark comedy with plenty of action. To be honest, it is like a Tarantino film where the end starts the film and then you have it explained to you .... only .... it's literally just the one main scene. It quickly becomes a bit tedious really. I started to mess with my phone. Watched it to the end and thought it was a bit shite really.

John Wick 2. 

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4425200/

Quote:After returning to the criminal underworld to repay a debt, John Wick discovers that a large bounty has been put on his life.

I really liked the first John Wick film. The character suited Keanu Reeves wooden acting ability and it was a proper 'take your brain out and enjoy the ride' film. 
The second film pretty much takes off where the first finished. The only problem is - It's just a film of fighting with no depth when compared to the first (yes, I know that's hard to believe!). It is also clearly a vehicle to continue a planned franchise. The end result is a not very good sequel which misses great opportunities to explore characters and scenarios they will no doubt visit ... in John Wick 3. 
Only bother with it if you REALLY enjoyed the first film. Otherwise avoid it as it's no better than OK.
The the rumours of a tv series would make a lot more sense. There is plenty to pad out into a tv series, but another film isn't a very attractive prospect to me.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
New Kingsman film (second one).
Watched it last night. Not even worth a link. Utter shite. Shame as I enjoyed the first one but the second is woefull.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Well thats one for me to miss then.
I like you enjoyed the first one.
Shame
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
New Star Wars Film.

Shite.
Thor Ragnarok

Very enjoyable. Def worth a watch.

Get Out.

Good plot. Makes you think at the end of the film as a few things that happen suddenly make sense. Good watch.
Black Panther.

Good. Possibly very good but not as good as the hype suggested. Def worth watching though.
(05-15-2018, 05:10 PM)Kingy Wrote: Black Panther.

Good. Possibly very good but not as good as the hype suggested. Def worth watching though.

I best find this one then and try it out
Red Sparrow.
Russian spy / American Spy. Plot twists, graphic torture, murder and nudity. Well worth a watch.

Death Wish.
Remake of the Charles Bronson original but with Bruce Willis taking the lead. Competent enough remake with good support cast. Bit cheesy at times but right enough if you don't mind these kind of revenge films.
Avengers Infinity War ... Brilliant. Amazing that so may plots/subplots and characters can be involved yet it's still a cracking film. Thor is mint. Must watch. (But make sure you have watched AT LEAST Thor Ragnerock before this as its very relevant).

Deadpool 2. As good as the first. Superb. So funny from the intro and credits onward. Watch. Laugh. Enjoy.
Out of all that lots it's Deadpool 2 I need to watch as I thought the first one was a good laugh.