Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Films worth a watch.
I met Neil, he was a regular in the student union at Keele and was always watching the uni team play if he could. I've not watched the film though, but it sounds like it'd be a good watch. Though he did enjoy talking about football, even more so than you Kingy!
(11-01-2016, 05:07 PM)FraserG Wrote: I met Neil, he was a regular in the student union at Keele 

You will love it then. I promise! Toby Jones plays Nello in the film (prefect casting), but throughout there are cameos where Toby Jones (in character) asks Nello to confirm if something really happened (because some of his life is incredible). Only lasts a few seconds and never spoils the film - it adds to it and the realism. You get the same with Lou Macari. He is played by Tony Curran in the film, but he also briefly appears so to confirm this is a real story - with one scene in particular that is utterly hilarious.  
It's a real gem of a film.  Cool Get it watched!
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Jack Reacher - Never Go Back

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3393786/

Quote:Jack Reacher must uncover the truth behind a major government conspiracy in order to clear his name. On the run as a fugitive from the law, Reacher uncovers a potential secret from his past that could change his life forever.

I know this movie has not been too well received. Reacher purists rightly say that the poisoned dwarf Cruise should not be playing the well over 6ft Reacher, but that's Holywood for you. That aside I quite enjoyed the film. Perhaps approaching it, not expecting much meant I couldn't really be disappointed. It's an unplug your brain and enjoy the action film. I did that and it bobbed along nicely. Better than quite a few other films with higher ratings that I've seen in the last couple of months. Worth a watch if it's there in front of you without too much mither.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Deadpool

It's ace

end of review lol
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
(11-23-2016, 10:08 PM)Jollyjoiner Wrote: Deadpool

It's ace

end of review lol

Best, funniest, most stupid, brilliant film of 2016.  Cool

Ryan Reynolds - best piece of casting as Mr Pool - EVER. He is superb. 

I let Samee watch it as he is a Deadpool fanatic from the comics/ games/ x-men series. Along with Aliya the the three of us laughed ourselves to tears from start to finish as Yaz looked on shaking her head in disbelief. If you don't find this film funny then you need to go to the Doctors as you may be dead. 

[Image: deadpool-quote-3.jpg]
(11-24-2016, 07:49 AM)Kingy Wrote:
(11-23-2016, 10:08 PM)Jollyjoiner Wrote: Deadpool

It's ace

end of review lol

Best, funniest, most stupid, brilliant film of 2016.  Cool

Ryan Reynolds - best piece of casting as Mr Pool - EVER. He is superb. 

I let Samee watch it as he is a Deadpool fanatic from the comics/ games/ x-men series. Along with Aliya the the three of us laughed ourselves to tears from start to finish as Yaz looked on shaking her head in disbelief. If you don't find this film funny then you need to go to the Doctors as you may be dead. 

[Image: deadpool-quote-3.jpg]

hahaha it was a top film, rate funny.
Oh and all the films I'm watching at the moment are through Kodi on my new Amazon firestick Wink
(11-24-2016, 08:20 AM)Jollyjoiner Wrote: Oh and all the films I'm watching at the moment are through Kodi on my new Amazon firestick Wink

About time! 

If you link a Real Debrid account and Trakt.tv account with it you will just sit back in amazement at what you can do Wink 

I re-did my neighbours for him after it stopped updating. Wiped it clean and just put on the best addons (Exodus, Specto etc) there are. He bought it with a clumsy build on (Beast build) which slows the sticks down as they don't have enough memory for most builds and the plethora of shite packed into them. He said it's perfect and hasn't missed a beat since I did it a few months ago.

Top tip - Make sure you clean it down every couple of weeks using a maintenance tool so you get no buffering. 

If the Fire TV's drop in price tomorrow (Black Friday on Amazon) BUY ONE! Stick that on your main TV and the firestick on another. You will thank me as the Fire TV (with wired ethernet and better specs) is amazing. I'll load it up for you if you get one.
Uw I'll look into a fire tv then.
It's a shame my smart tv doesn't allow you to add all these apps on to it.
Well I've started to watch some older films.

Started with Days of Thunder which I'd never seen in 1990 when it came out and is a cracking film.

Today I've watched Monty Pythons Holy Grail. Now I've watched this before but made me laugh just as much as the first time. So I've decided to watch the other two films, The Life of Brian and The meaning of life Smile