Kingsman secret service

Cracking film, a must watch Smile
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
(05-19-2015, 06:45 AM)Jollyjoiner Wrote: Kingsman secret service

Bloody hell! Forgot I'd watched that. Doh! Blush

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2802144/

Quote:Based upon the acclaimed comic book and directed by Matthew Vaughn, Kingsman: The Secret Service tells the story of a super-secret spy organization that recruits an unrefined but promising street kid into the agency's ultra-competitive training program just as a global threat emerges from a twisted tech genius.

Yes, great film. I really enjoyed it. Very funny in parts and a good blast all the way through. Love the start with 'Money For Nothing' playing.

One of the (much) better spy spoof films of the last few years. Cool

IMDb gives it 8/10 and I reckon its a solid 8 if not a bit more. Must watch it again. Cool
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Just watched run all night good call Kingy, I like Liam Neeson films anyway but this was a particularly good one.

Ex Machina, not sure what I think of this one watched it and was gripped by it. But I was left a bit expectant when it ended like I was hoping for more. But like you say for such a small cast it is a good film.

Chappie

m.imdb.com › title

In the near future, crime is patrolled by a mechanized police force. When one police droid, Chappie, is stolen and given new programming, he becomes the first robot with the ability to think and feel for himself.

This is a good watch bit weird at the end though, its a cross between robocop and i robot with a little bit of humour thrown in here an there amongst the gratuatous violence. Imdb gives it 7.2 i'l agree with that untill the end.
I tossed a virtual coin between Ex Machina and Chappie ... so that's one of the next films on my list when I get chance. Smile
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
(05-19-2015, 07:00 AM)Kingy Wrote:
(05-19-2015, 06:45 AM)Jollyjoiner Wrote: Kingsman secret service

Bloody hell! Forgot I'd watched that. Doh! Blush

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2802144/

Quote:Based upon the acclaimed comic book and directed by Matthew Vaughn, Kingsman: The Secret Service tells the story of a super-secret spy organization that recruits an unrefined but promising street kid into the agency's ultra-competitive training program just as a global threat emerges from a twisted tech genius.

Yes, great film. I really enjoyed it. Very funny in parts and a good blast all the way through. Love the start with 'Money For Nothing' playing.

One of the (much) better spy spoof films of the last few years. Cool

IMDb gives it 8/10 and I reckon its a solid 8 if not a bit more. Must watch it again. Cool

Doh ya muppet lol

And yes I had to turn up the volume when that was on, I love the Brothers in arms album for personal reasons
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
Focus

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2381941/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_6

Quote:Nicky Spurgeon is an extremely accomplished con man who takes an amateur con artist, Jess, under his wing. Nicky and Jess become romantically involved, and with Nicky's profession of being a liar and a cheater for a living, he realizes that deception and love are things that don't go together. They split, only to see each other three years later... And things get messy.

One Yasmin chose. It was ok. Well filmed, very solid cast and ok storyline. Few twists to keep you interested. Not bad at all, but nothing brilliant. One of those films you can sit back and watch and think ... Yes, that was good. No more, no less. 6.5/10
Furious 7

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2820852/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Quote:Dominic and his crew thought they left the criminal mercenary life behind. They defeated an international terrorist named Owen Shaw and went their seperate ways. But now, Shaw's brother, Deckard Shaw is out killing the crew one by one for revenge. Worse, a Somalian terrorist called Jakarde, and a shady government official called "Mr. Nobody" are both competing to steal a computer terrorism program called God's Eye, that can turn any technological device into a weapon. Torretto must reconvene with his team to stop Shaw and retrieve the God's Eye program while caught in a power struggle between terrorist and the United States government.

Samee wanted to watch this so we did a few weeks ago.

Delivers exactly what it says on the tin. If you don't like this kind of film you will never bother with the franchise. If you do - Unplug brain and enjoy. Not the best Fast & Furious movie (if you have watched them) but a poignant one give Paul Walkers death whilst the movie was being filmed. They did a good job finishing the film with him in it (although its obvious in places where they have used old shots/ superimposed headshots). Worth a watch if you like these kind of films. I didn't like the very end of the film. I would have finished it a little earlier, but don't want to say anything to spoil it. 6.5/10
Unfinished Business

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2358925/

A typical Vince Vaughn movie, a decent comedy to watch if you've got 90 mins to kill some funny moments especially from Dave Franco. Imdb gives it 5.3 thats about right.

Tired of playing second-fiddle to his obnoxious boss (Sienna Miller), businessman Dan Trunkman (Vince Vaughn) quits and forms his own competing mineral sales firm. He takes a retiring associate (Tom Wilkinson) and a dim-witted sales applicant (Dave Franco) with him. After a year and a half of struggle, a promising deal is in sight -- then promptly folds, thanks to Dan's ex-boss. Determined to save the deal, Dan and company fly to Germany, where a series of outrageous obstacles awaits.

Survivor

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3247714/

A story of a plot to explode a lethal gas on times square on new years eve. Lots of action Mila Jovovich is the girl on the run from hitman Pierce Brosnan. Imdb gives it 5.5 maybe worth a 6.

A Foreign Service Officer in London tries to prevent a terrorist attack set to hit New York, but is forced to go on the run when she is framed for crimes she did not commit.
I've seen 'Survivor' on various movie lists. I don't mind Brosnan and certainly don't mind Jovovich so will give it a go. Smile
True Story

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2273657/

When disgraced New York Times reporter Michael Finkel meets accused killer Christian Longo - who has taken on Finkel's identity - his investigation morphs into a game of cat-and-mouse.

Decent film this Jonah Hill plays quite a good part as a disgraced journalist sacked from the New York Times falsifying one of his stories. James Franco plays a man on trial for the murder of his wife and children who gets arrested using the name of Jonah Hills character Mike Finkel. Franco then sets out to manipulate Finkel by befriending him in order to gain journalistic tips that he believes will aid him in convincing the jury of his innocence. This is based on true events hence the title, imdb gives it 6.5 I think that's a bit of an injustice I'd give it 7.5.

Ted 2

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2637276/

Life has changed drastically for thunder buddies John (Mark Wahlberg), now a bachelor, and best pal Ted (Seth MacFarlane), now married to the woman (Jessica Barth) of his dreams. Problems arise when the couple decide to adopt a child, but the law declares Ted to be property and not a person. Angry and dejected, the lovably foulmouthed teddy bear must now seek legal help from a young lawyer (Amanda Seyfried) and a legendary, civil-rights attorney (Morgan Freeman) to get the justice he deserves.

I'd say this was better than the 1st movie for belly laughs, some of the jokes are very close to the bone but if you want a pick me that you won't take too seriously then you can't go too far wrong with this imdb gives it 6.8.