Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Films worth a watch.
Bad Neighbours.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2004420/

Quote:Kelly and Mac are settling down in a quiet neighborhood with their newborn child, until the frat brothers move into the house next door. Teddy is the President, and Pete is his right hand man, and they're quick to accept friendship when Kelly and Mac introduce themselves as the neighbors. Night after night, Mac asks Teddy to lower the fraternity's noise, even accepting the invitation to the party one evening. When Teddy goes back on his word to keep the partying down, Mac calls the police to deal with the problem. The police quickly blame Mac for their presence, and the war begins. As the family feuds with the frat brothers, things get hilariously dangerous and the fraternity ends up on thin ice with their college. After receiving their final warning and being placed on probation, Mac and Kelly pull a prank so ingenious that Teddy and Mac are forced to respond. All hell breaks loose, from Robert DeNiro parties to Christopher Mintz-Plasse having sex in the bushes, this comedy shows how...

If you are into teen frat comedies then you may enjoy this.
I found it funny in a few places (airbags), but generally it was just a generic Seth Rogen comedy. Just like his last and just like his next. 4/10.

(03-04-2015, 04:26 PM)croweman Wrote: John Wick...
Just watched this one and i've got to say its one of Keanu Reeves better roles, lots of action and a decent storyline. Believable fight scenes add to a good watch so your not sat there thinking yeah right as if he could do that. It got a 7.2 on imdb and it deserved it.

Nice one Martin. I've got this one ready to watch as I quite fancied it from the description on Showbox. Will def have a dabble now. Ta.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Exodus Gods and Kings

The defiant leader Moses rises up against the Egyptian Pharaoh Ramses, setting 600,000 slaves on a monumental journey of escape from Egypt and its terrifying cycle of deadly plagues.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1528100/

I'm not really into religious themed films but this one isn't your typical bible bashing in your face type. Ridley scott did a good job of not making it too holy. Christian Bale plays a good part as Moses and the young kid who plays gods messenger is top notch. Quite long as these stories tend to be but well worth a watch.
(03-04-2015, 04:26 PM)croweman Wrote: John Wick

An ex-hitman comes out of retirement to track down the gangsters that took everything from him.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2911666/

Just watched this one and i've got to say its one of Keanu Reeves better roles, lots of action and a decent storyline. Believable fight scenes add to a good watch so your not sat there thinking yeah right as if he could do that. It got a 7.2 on imdb and it deserved it.

Finally sitting down to watch this tonight.
That Mustang .... I would love to own one of those. Just watched the bit where he rags it around. Heaven! Cool
Ooh, it's just cranked right up ... Laptop down ....Big Grin
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
The wedding ringer

I've really needed something to laugh at lately, and this film really gave me the full on chuckles in parts. A lonely guy needs a best man so turns to Jimmy Callahan (Kevin Hart) a hired best man to get a group of strangers to be his groomsmen. With comical and slapstick events along the way.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0884732/
Will have a watch of that when I get chance Martin.

Thanks for the heads up on John Wick. Nowadays I tend to swerve KReeves films, but agree this was a very enjoyable watch and worth a solid 7/10. Hell of a cast too.
(04-13-2015, 08:16 AM)Kingy Wrote: Will have a watch of that when I get chance Martin.

Thanks for the heads up on John Wick. Nowadays I tend to swerve KReeves films, but agree this was a very enjoyable watch and worth a solid 7/10. Hell of a cast too.

Yeah Keanu Reeves films are either good or bad and thankfully this was a really good one. 47 Ronin is fairly good too a bit like the last samurai but without cheesy tom cruise.
Watched John Wick the other day, worth a watch, a bit plotless, but if you like moody mindless violence, then this is for you.
All the gear, No idea.

[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Too many to remember
(04-16-2015, 07:54 AM)Yogi Wrote: Watched John Wick the other day, worth a watch, a bit plotless, but if you like moody mindless violence, then this is for you.

God your always watching the telly you Smile
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
(04-16-2015, 08:28 AM)Jollyjoiner Wrote:
(04-16-2015, 07:54 AM)Yogi Wrote: Watched John Wick the other day, worth a watch, a bit plotless, but if you like moody mindless violence, then this is for you.

God your always watching the telly you Smile

hudl2 actually, while I was bored in my hotel room, when there was nowt but crap on the telly, as usual. Smile
All the gear, No idea.

[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Too many to remember
Run All Night.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2199571/

Quote:Professional Brooklyn hitman Jimmy Conlon is more commonly known as THE GRAVEDIGGER. Jimmy was a mob hit-man, who was best friends with his boss Sean Maguire. But when Jimmy's son, Michael, is marked for death by the mob, Jimmy must go up against Sean to protect Michael at all costs. Together, he and Michael must avoid corrupt cops, contract killers and the mob to survive the night.

Pretty solid cast headed by Liam Neeson, Ed Harris and an actor I do like a lot - Joel Kinnaman (Robocop and The Killing US).

I quite like a couple of Neesons films. The action/ unplug your brains ones like Taken 1 and Unknown. With that in mind I liked the look of this film. It didn't disappoint. Bit of mindless violence with a twist of redemption and a twisted mob boss hellbent on revenge ... whats not to like! Tongue
Lost my internet 3/4 way through the film (terminal - 5 days before a new router sorted it!) so watched this in two parts. The fact that didn't spoil it says a lot about the film - in so much that its just a generic action film that you can take or leave.

I thought is was good. Not brilliant - and unwound just as I thought it might. Nothing wrong with that though. 6/10.

Ex Machina

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0470752/

Quote:Caleb, a 26 year old coder at the world's largest internet company, wins a competition to spend a week at a private mountain retreat belonging to Nathan, the reclusive CEO of the company. But when Caleb arrives at the remote location he finds that he will have to participate in a strange and fascinating experiment in which he must interact with the world's first true artificial intelligence, housed in the body of a beautiful robot girl.

I'd heard lots of good things about this film so avoided spoilers so I could watch it.

I found it quite tedious at times and a couple of the reveals were too obvious to carry any weight.
It did draw you in though and make you consider Calebs position as if it were you, which was clever and makes you think afterwards and go back through the storyline in your head. In that respect the writing is quite clever - and the acting (with so few characters involved) is very good. It needs to be to make the film work.
IMDb gives it an 8. Bit high for me that. Probably a reflection on my taste tbh as I prefer to take my brain out and roll with a film when I get chance to watch one, but I'd say 6.5.