Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
From the mouth of babes / Things kids say ...
When Aliya was in her last year at primary school we started to let her have much more freedom in preparation for going to High School. We sorted a mobile phone out as a safety blanket for us more than her.

Bear in mind that Aliya is very mature (compared with the boy) and very sensible (again, compared with the boy).

One day Aliya asked if she could walk to the shops after school with her friends (who were also being given more leeway). Yasmin said she could and agreed a time she needed to be home for.
That time came and went.
After 15 minutes Yasmin started to get concerned, but thought - "No, Aliya is sensible, she will be here any minute".
Roll on 15 minutes later and Yasmin is panicking. She phones Aliya's mobile. It goes to answerphone. She tries again and the call is answered. Before Aliya can speak Yasmin asks: "Where are you, you are late and I'm worried".

Aliya answers:

"I'm in the back of a transit van. I don't know where it's going mummy".

Yasmins heart stopped.

Then Aliya started laughing and said ... "Just kidding - I'm walking onto the (house) drive now".

I got home a couple of hours later and Yasmin still hadn't been able to see the funny side of it! Big Grin
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Big Grin
(10-07-2014, 01:12 PM)Kingy Wrote: When Aliya was in her last year at primary school we started to let her have much more freedom in preparation for going to High School. We sorted a mobile phone out as a safety blanket for us more than her.

Bear in mind that Aliya is very mature (compared with the boy) and very sensible (again, compared with the boy).

One day Aliya asked if she could walk to the shops after school with her friends (who were also being given more leeway). Yasmin said she could and agreed a time she needed to be home for.
That time came and went.
After 15 minutes Yasmin started to get concerned, but thought - "No, Aliya is sensible, she will be here any minute".
Roll on 15 minutes later and Yasmin is panicking. She phones Aliya's mobile. It goes to answerphone. She tries again and the call is answered. Before Aliya can speak Yasmin asks: "Where are you, you are late and I'm worried".

Aliya answers:

"I'm in the back of a transit van. I don't know where it's going mummy".

Yasmins heart stopped.

Then Aliya started laughing and said ... "Just kidding - I'm walking onto the (house) drive now".

I got home a couple of hours later and Yasmin still hadn't been able to see the funny side of it! Big Grin

Big GrinBig Grin
TO many crash test monkeys to list
Hahahaha sounds like she's a right little wind up merchant, poor Yasmin
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
That's a terrific line.

Yaz's heart must have stopped.
All the gear, No idea.

[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Too many to remember
I love (and get slightly insulted) at how honest my kids are.

Sharing a bath with Amelie the other day and she says, "mummy, you've got a wobbly belly like a trampoline, boing boing boing" as she starts jumping on it with her two fingers"

Sad

Oh and kissing her goodnight she said, "you've got stinky breath".

Then she tells daddy too

Huh
Ha ha. Smile Brilliant Shelley.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
I wondered where this one was going to lead to Shelly lol
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
Ha ha, brilliant I can picture Yasmins face of horror Big Grin