Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
in Manchester airport again
Am stuck waiting on another flight. Am heading to Oslo via schipol. I've only a 45 minute layover so I've sod all chance of making my connection.
Still flights are every 2 hrs to Oslo so if the expected happens it's not a massive wait.

I think KLM are visiting to many of thier coffee shops if they think this'll work.
Still I live in eternal hope.
Rick
Last time we (my brother and I) had a connecting flight was when we were flying to Madrid via Paris (CDG).
Luckily we only had hand luggage. We realised on the descent when they were announcing different flights/gates that we had about 10 minutes to get across the airport. As soon as the doors opened it was like a scene out of Chariots of Fire! Wink We literally ran through the doors, sat down and took off! Loads will have missed that flight.

Still - Could be worse as Manchester Airport is not a bad place to be stuck in the scheme of things mate. Smile
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
To quote the famous song, homeward bound Oh yes i am.

Am now sat in Oslo airport.

Am Ok trip with no drama. Eye watering prices here though.
Glad it went well mate.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Example price for eye watering?
2 course meal plus one glass of wine £68
1 shot of Glenfiddich £12
A shit hotel, no food £100
A 5 km bus ride from airport to hotel 70kr. Or if you fancy a cab 270 kr. That's 10 kr to the pound. So you do the math.
Expenses? Smile
Eye watering is an understatement. With Kingy, hope it was on expenses and not your pocket Rick!
All except for the whiskey. My company thinks more than 1 glass of wine per night is the pathway to Sodom and Germora.
Oy buggerlugs. Where's that wine thread? Wink