Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sky HD
Well I've gone and done it, now subscribed to get all the Sky HD channels for an extra £6 a month :Sad
I've resisted for so long but after watching the free HD channels like bbc 1 bbc 2 and itv it just had to happen.
I have got it for £3 for the first 6 months which is not much of a saving but at least it's something.
We also now get to download boxsets of loads of tv programs.

And I know Kingy will come back and say you need to get this futarba system and use this and that program to watch everthing but it all costs more and this is just an easier way doing it Tongue
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
(07-29-2015, 07:09 AM)Jollyjoiner Wrote: And I know Kingy will come back and say you need to get this futarba system and use this and that program to watch everthing but it all costs more and this is just an easier way doing it Tongue

Ha ha.  Big Grin 
You need a ........

Nah. If it works for you then my opinion is that we work hard to make life simpler. If Sky HD does that for you then fill your boots mate. 

I just enjoy buggering about with tech stuff like sat systems and android (Kodi) based systems. 
On the plus side (for you) - other than with the freesat channels you will be hard pushed to get any HD channels to match the quality of sky (Sports/ Movies/ Entertainment) anywhere but Sky. 

With regards to the box sets - I've just set that element up for my mum and dad on their Sky Box. Box sets and freeview. They didn't have wired internet at their box, so I got a pair of homeplugs (to carry internet over the electric wiring through plug sockets) and an ethernet switch (like a multiplug for internet) which allowed them to feed wired internet to the Sky box, their tv and a freesat box. 
If you need that let me know and I'll give you links to what you need to buy and how to plug it all in. (It's very very simple).
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Cheers for that.
My box is already wired ethernet to the router as it's sat at the side of it, infact the tv and xbox are all wired into it Smile
(07-29-2015, 07:34 AM)Jollyjoiner Wrote: Cheers for that.
My box is already wired ethernet to the router as it's sat at the side of it, infact the tv and xbox are all wired into it Smile

I'm impressed.  Big Grin
The boxsets are very good. See the TV series threads for suggestions of what to watch. Oh, and ignore your own preconceptions. I avoided 'Games of Thrones' for years as I felt it was not my cup of tea. Dragons and fictitious Kingdoms. Give me a break! ... Eventually gave it a go and was really surprised. It's bloody brilliant!  

My router/hub is in the hallway so I've had carpets and floorboards up to get a full ethernet cable through to my TV and AV equipment for best t'internet speed. Yaz wasn't best pleased when she walked into me doing that with no warning!  Tongue
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
I like Dragons and fictitious Kingdoms and I haven't watch it either hahaha.
I'll have to download it and start viewing (if I get the time)
(07-29-2015, 07:54 AM)Jollyjoiner Wrote: I like Dragons and fictitious Kingdoms and I haven't watch it either hahaha.
I'll have to download it and start viewing (if I get the time)

There are boobies too. Lots of boobies!  Cool  Big Grin