The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have finally stooped soooooo low ... Turbo time ...
I'm still gainfully employed in the cycling industry - but with working hours that don't always conform to a routine and spending 3 of every 5 weeks away I've still not found a routine for my training. As a result my fitness is non existent and I'm getting lazy. 

I thought about what I miss from my 'old job/life'. Apart from the obvious (running my own business and working with my father) I really miss the commuting/ training in the mornings. Getting up at stupid o'clock never bothered me. It wouldn't be practical for me to get up, train for 2 hours at 4am and then drive to Scotland etc, but - I could get an hour in early if it was more convenient/ easy.

So, I decided to do something that doesn't sit easy with me. 
I feel dirty.
I've invested in a turbo trainer. 

I'm setting my winter bike up on an Elite Drive trainer. It can stay on there for a few months. Its a fairly good quality trainer so has resistance etc. and can be linked up to various software so you can ride courses which I'm told makes it good fun (within how much fun you can have on a static trainer). 
I have the turbo and the bike is having a new chain and cassette fitted ready for it all being set up this weekend. 

I'm sticking it in the garage. I have a laptop and a couple of fans sorted so I'll give it a whirl. If I can build up to an hour a morning when I'm home and then go from there it will hopefully get me developing a base fitness again and speed up hitting an adequate fitness level to get out again. 

I'll get some pics and probably blog it on the Angry Biker blog.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007

Messages In This Thread
I have finally stooped soooooo low ... Turbo time ... - Kingy - 04-19-2018, 10:00 PM