The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcome back fellow Monkeys and Spammers ...
Hope you all had a good Christmas and New Year. 

I had a 'rest' from internet and social media during my week off. (Yes, ok ... I couldn't be arsed ;Wink
Was hoping Facebook would have eaten itself and died, but the emails for my account and the several spam accounts set up using my company domain say otherwise. Shame that.

I did get out training a bit during the week. Nothing much. A mountainbike ride, a run and two road rides. All quite leisurely. Plenty of time with Yaz and the kids - plus other close family and friends and a few beers too. Good week off, but a shame it wasn't longer.  

I've got a couple of new toys ... 

1) An Amazon Echo - very good especially when matched with a premium music account. That said Samee uses it as a constant source of amusement by asking it to tell a joke, then a riddle and then to fart. Whenever he is in the room it's like they are both stuck on a loop!  Big Grin  Yaz loves it as she can finally alter the heating through Alexa. (She never did get the hang of the Tado phone app!).
I was going to buy a Sonos, but have held fire as I'm now torn between another echo or a dot with Sonos Play 1 (but they don't integrate yet bar Yonomi which is far from ideal). 

2) A Samsung Gear S3 Frontier watch - Brilliant piece of kit. Cool  I thought it may be just a bit of a gimmick, but I'm really impressed with it. Not just the usual things it can do (which means you can leave your phone in your pocket - even for calls/ text/ music etc), but it's fitness side , which has been a bit of a surprise to say the least (Didn't expect it to be so good from the reviews I've read). Plenty of info through the watch - much more detail through the Samsung Health app and auto upload to Strava. On two test rides and a run it's proved to be as accurate as the TomTom watch and the Mio / Garmin. 
Given that I've got lots syncing and displaying (plus a Tag Heuer watchface loaded) it's lasting at least 3 full days on one charge which is excellent. It could stretch to four, but would run out so third night of use I put it on charge. I'm having lots of fun tinkering with it.  

Anyone else get anything interesting?
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007

Messages In This Thread
Welcome back fellow Monkeys and Spammers ... - Kingy - 01-03-2017, 01:45 PM