Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motorbike insurance - when is the licence valid from?
(07-18-2016, 08:58 AM)FraserG Wrote: Money grabbing bar stewards that they are. Not as if they aren't rich enough Sad

Absolutely.

Because my car has a 3.5 Litre V6 Engine my insurance company (Aviva) have a 'High Performance Loading' of £500.  Dodgy There is no reason for this. I've got full protected no claims (never claimed) and the car is a Lexus not a fecking Ferrari. If it's still inplace come renewal in November then I'll be voting with my feet and taking our multi car policy elsewhere. 

Wouldn't mind but I had a right run around with them last renewal. I got quotes as a new customer to them online (just under £700 for two cars) then their renewal came through at £990! I got alternative quotes and told them bye. (I neglected to tell them that my alternative quotes were £800!). They phoned me on the 11th hour and said they couldn't replicate my quotes/prices on their system - so I read them out over the phone (I'd printed them off*). It took 40 mins to sort as I was repeatedly put on hold as yer man spoke to his manager Rolleyes  but they honoured my just under £700. What a load of bollocks for a returning customer who hasn't made a claim. It's a stupid policy to offfer best deals to new (unknown) customers whilst trying to fleece repeat business.  

*If you get an online quote print it off. Don't just save it online. Aviva allow you save quotes online, but if the prices go up - so does your saved quote! Seriously. Cheating bastids. I went to check my quotes when arguing with them and they had altered and gone up to just under £800 - despite originally being a hundred pounds less and allegedley held for 30 days. Had I not printed them off when I got them I would have had no quote breakdown to strong arm them into the cheaper price.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007

Messages In This Thread
RE: Motorbike insurance - when is the licence valid from? - Kingy - 07-18-2016, 09:23 AM